testtest

First Look: Springfield 1911 DS Prodigy 9mm

Mine will be back home from SA Tuesday. Less than 10 business days from day of receipt to back in my hands…that’s pretty good!
Reamed and polished the chamber, polished the ramp, refit the barrel, tuned the extractor and replaced a sear spring. Looking forward to some range time!!
Excellent. Would def be interested in hearing a range report after the "fix". Is yours a under 10k SN?

Excellent. Would def be interested in hearing a range report after the "fix". Is yours a under 10k SN?
No sir. 21K. I noticed something peculiar today. I have 3 20 round mags and 2 17, all factory made for Springfield.
Fully loaded, 20 round mags are solid.
Both 17 rounds, fully loaded, rattle, as in a loose round in the mag. Take the 17th round out…back to tight and quiet, thought that was odd.

Probably get out to the range Wednesday to run mags through…

The RMR adapter plate arrived today! Next problem: the RMR screws are too long! The RMR just flops around on the plate after the screw bottoms out.
Just got this response from Springfield... This info would be good to have known before. But maybe it'll help some of you waiting for the RMR plate too.
Trijicon ships their red dot with screws that are too long for our platform. Per Trijicon, you will need to get their shorter screw kit from their website.

https://www.trijicon.com/search2/?keywords=mounting kit

Unsure if Trijicon would do this as well, but I bought the Vortex Viper for my Prodigy and the screws were too long - called them and they sent me the right screws free of charge.
I called Vortex as I just ordered up a Venom, I don’t like 6MOA dots, and they shipped me a set of screws as well…. Venom should be here in the next week or so…but I’d rather have all the screws I could need rather than go that route of cut/find/search.. LOL. Good stuff all, appreciate the tips and insight.

Got word that my plate has shipped.
D07E3E27-5391-423F-8452-A411204832BE.gif

Happy to say, 200 plus rounds down range today after getting the Prodigy back from SA in less than 10 business days, it ran like a champ. Dumped a mix of 115 Fiochhi (spelling?) new and reman 124 gr through it, ate it all, zero issues.
The only issue I had was self induced, I took mags apart, cleaned them, checked them for operation and I must have put a spring in backwards, my number 2 20 round mag wouldn’t lock the slide back. Got it home, took it apart and compared it to another… DUH. Fixed the spring, empty mag, locked back. Otherwise, flawless. Gonna put at least another couple hundred or so through it trying all mags I own but today was really a huge weight off my shoulders. Should have my red dot prior to my next time out. First 20 rounds out of my backpack, one mag, 7 yards.

Attachments

• ED7985A9-3753-4B30-BC30-08B559D23AA1.jpeg
    ED7985A9-3753-4B30-BC30-08B559D23AA1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Happy to say, 200 plus rounds down range today after getting the Prodigy back from SA in less than 10 business days, it ran like a champ. Dumped a mix of 115 Fiochhi (spelling?) new and reman 124 gr through it, ate it all, zero issues.
The only issue I had was self induced, I took mags apart, cleaned them, checked them for operation and I must have put a spring in backwards, my number 2 20 round mag wouldn’t lock the slide back. Got it home, took it apart and compared it to another… DUH. Fixed the spring, empty mag, locked back. Otherwise, flawless. Gonna put at least another couple hundred or so through it trying all mags I own but today was really a huge weight off my shoulders. Should have my red dot prior to my next time out. First 20 rounds out of my backpack, one mag, 7 yards.
Awesome news and nice shooting!

Got my plate from SA this week, mounted a Deltapoint Pro and hit the range to zero the dot. Put 50 rounds through the Prodigy and it ran like a beast. I’m now up over 1500 rounds and all in with this gun. I ran a Burris Fastfire and a Vortex Venom on the plate that came with the gun, but they are like toys compared to the DPP. Now the whole package feels properly sorted.

Got my plate from SA this week, mounted a Deltapoint Pro and hit the range to zero the dot. Put 50 rounds through the Prodigy and it ran like a beast. I’m now up over 1500 rounds and all in with this gun. I ran a Burris Fastfire and a Vortex Venom on the plate that came with the gun, but they are like toys compared to the DPP. Now the whole package feels properly sorted.
Interesting, I tried the Vortex Venom for mine… needed a little filing down to fit.
Took a little off the front and had to mill the mounting holes a tad bit.
Took mine to the range earlier today…and I couldn’t get the dot to get any lower to bring the POI up enough, it was maxed out and still hitting 3-4 inches low. Shame, not a bad optic…. I ordered a plate for a Holosun and a 407C x2 earlier today.

Venom is ok, but it's certainly not a DPP.

Update on my range time.
500 plus rounds over the past 3 range trips, zero issues.
It’s clear, this gun likes oil.. I am new to the 1911 style world, always been polymer striker fired pistol kinda guy. My X5 Legion could be bone dry and run like a top, just cleaned once in a while.
The Prodigy likes to be oiled up. It is very, very nice to shoot. Not a huge fan of black out back and fiber up front..
I have a Holosun 407C waiting to be mounted once the plate from Agency ships…but will continue to run brass through it until then.

I think once I get the red dot up top, it’ll be neck and neck with my X5…

Back