testtest

So will SPA move now that the Communist state of IL has outlawed Assault Rifles?

Waiting to hear from SPA, about the newly signed LAW that outlaws Assault Rifles? Moving soon?
If you’re referring to Springfield Armory they really don’t have to. They can still produce all the parts then build or buy an assembly plant in a gun friendly state to build from the parts made then ship to distributors from that same facility.

That’s what Mossberg did when I worked for them.

I've said this before and it's worth repeating. The south lost the first civil war because most of the arms manufacturers were in the north, it is starting to appear that will not be a problem if another CW kicks off.
For the record I'm not advocating for a CW just stating what is happening now with the firearms industry. Most have moved below the old Mason Dickson line.
After what my state just did, I cannot see myself staying in Illinois after my retirement, which is quickly approaching.

It wouldn’t be the first time a successful business that recently expanded its operational footprint to pack up and left IL.
There aren’t many jobs in manufacturing here or elsewhere, some say manpower shortages causing the population exodus (Not crime), and of course finding someone to work for any wage that is actually finds competition from free government entitlement handouts making it easier and beneficial to stay at home. Drive 100 miles round tip to a job that you have allow a days pay for gas?

A while back there was some sort of subsidy offered or a rule that mfg. companies must give the State sufficient notice and reason they were leaving IL or have to pay some giant penalty.
I believe the elected came up with some anti-poaching handshake agreement between IL border States to play nice with manufacturing incentives so residents don’t leave IL for other States. This supposedly for better of all the resident….mmmmmm-hmmmmm.

It should have been soooooo much easier and better to just “move” JB out.
But that circus came and went.

What comes to mind is the remaining inventory at the LGS. What will this do to the average SA authorized dealership?
Will some of the LGS’s either liquidate or branch out with more online sales, and of course added costs both ways to do this, and recently certain Shipping companies being strong armed by virtue signaling and regulation.
Really looks more and more like infringement.

Impeach JB and get the other dimwit to take charge and have a shot at continuing the States decline.
Wonder how many inquires were made for “registrations”.

Wish they would come here to Arkansas, a few others have moved here. would help our economy with jobs. the really sad part is those commie governors don't care if people lose their jobs or a plant or factory leaves long as they get their way.

Commie governors don't care about the lives of it's people long as they can push their agenda on everyone. They are probably going to lose a lot of jobs and taxes over firearm manufactures eventually getting out. i'm sure most will wait to see if the law is challenged first before just up and leaving. it may be years before they find out but moving will be expensive.

I’m just gonna say this.

I’ve not seen any firearms company that moved their production south continue to put out the same quality product.

I will not touch a TN produced Beretta, for example…Accokeek or Italian only. TN are…not junk, but definitely sub-par quality.

I’m just gonna say this.

I’ve not seen any firearms company that moved their production south continue to put out the same quality product.

I will not touch a TN produced Beretta, for example…Accokeek or Italian only. TN are…not junk, but definitely sub-par quality.
Just said the same in another thread on this. Just ask Marlin how a move can go. Things are just now starting to look a bit up.

Well if I was Springfield Armory I would certainly entertain the thought of voting with my feet going to a much friendly location. Taking my tax base with me and making sure Fred Flintstone seen the bird on the way out.
A number of companies HQ are leaving or have left this state, Boeing, Caterpillar and Citadel.

I've said this before and it's worth repeating. The south lost the first civil war because most of the arms manufacturers were in the north, it is starting to appear that will not be a problem if another CW kicks off.
For the record I'm not advocating for a CW just stating what is happening now with the firearms industry. Most have moved below the old Mason Dickson line.
After what my state just did, I cannot see myself staying in Illinois after my retirement, which is quickly approaching.
If you think small arms will win a future war…you are terribly naive.

See: Ukraine.

I’m just gonna say this.

Just curious why the region a firearms manufacturer is located would make them a sub par manufacturer? I apologize if I misunderstood your post.

Wilson Combat is in Arkansas, Barrett is in Tennessee, Steyr is in Alabama just to name a few. I'm pretty sure these are not companies that are known for putting out sub par firearms.

Just curious why the region a firearms manufacturer is located would make them a sub par manufacturer? I apologize if I misunderstood your post.

Wilson Combat is in Arkansas, Barrett is in Tennessee, Steyr is in Alabama just to name a few. I'm pretty sure these are not companies that are known for putting out sub par firearms.

It's not usually the particular area. It's what they lose in the move itself. When you lose most of your skilled arms makers or the people who know the machines and thier little peculiarities quality and production performance usually drops off. Then you may lose the quality control techs that you relied upon who knew the small things to look for.

Or maybe you lose suppliers you relied upon during the move. Quality of replacement parts may or may not be up to par. Lots of things that can effect the end product from an original location to a new.

Last edited:
It's not usually the particular area. It's what they lose in the move itself. When you lose most of your skilled arms makers or the people who know the machines and thier little peculiarities quality and production performance usually drops off. Then you may lose the quality control techs that you relied upon who knew the small things to look for.

Or maybe you lose suppliers you relied upon during the move. Qualoty of replacement parts may or may not be up to par. Lots of things that can effect the end product from an original location to a new.
Typically before a corporation or a large manufacture moves to a particular local there is an evaluation done to identify how the supply chain works, infrastructure challenges, potential workforce, and other regional challenges that maybe encountered.

I can understand how QC can take a hit in a move but that should only be a short term problem. This answer also doesn't answer my question about why the southern United States is a bad choice for manufacturing.

I live in NH where we one of the largest firearms industries in the country so I'm not sure what the South can't offer that the north can in terms of production. I would think having the nicer weather down south year round compared to the north would be ideal for production with less delays in the supply chain due to weather.

Back