testtest

New Remington SS 1911 coming to my LGS..>!!!!!

Nice looking pistol……did it come in the green plastic case or cardboard box, my brother’s came in a real nice plastic case, but his was the enhanced commander model
actually, when i bought my 1st R1, back in June 2020..??

cardboard box..

this one..??

cardboard box.

back then, i tried cajoling CS at Remington for the hard case, but to no avail, they simply had none, was the repeated response like 2,452,875,555,928,440 times that i had requested, even to pay for it..!!!!

even my past S/A's, cardboard boxes.

but at the very least, i save ALL my boxes or hard cases, for selling the gun(s) at later times.

the one thing i am having no success with right now, is registering the gun with Remington, when i go to the registration page, i get "page not found"

i just tried Vista Outdoors themselves, to no avail...

and i was very surprised the companies they own.

Nice looking pistol……did it come in the green plastic case or cardboard box, my brother’s came in a real nice plastic case, but his was the enhanced commander model
i think what i am going to do is, check online for polishing the slide, to bring out the steel, at least on the slide first.

all i need is a buffing pad, and jewelers rouge.

i already have a Lyman sight tool.

actually, when i bought my 1st R1, back in June 2020..??

cardboard box..

this one..??

cardboard box.

back then, i tried cajoling CS at Remington for the hard case, but to no avail, they simply had none, was the repeated response like 2,452,875,555,928,440 times that i had requested, even to pay for it..!!!!

even my past S/A's, cardboard boxes.

but at the very least, i save ALL my boxes or hard cases, for selling the gun(s) at later times.

the one thing i am having no success with right now, is registering the gun with Remington, when i go to the registration page, i get "page not found"

i just tried Vista Outdoors themselves, to no avail...

and i was very surprised the companies they own.
I was figuring it came with a cardboard box, I remember when S&W back in the Lear Sigler days, cheap cardboard box, then they started with the blue hard case, Springfield used to have the black hard case, Colt used to have a cardboard and styrofoam box also, now Colt gives you a nice hard case, S&W went back to the cheap cardboard box as does Springfield. You would think for what you pay for the gun, all should give you a hard case instead of going cheap, ok, done ranting

I was figuring it came with a cardboard box, I remember when S&W back in the Lear Sigler days, cheap cardboard box, then they started with the blue hard case, Springfield used to have the black hard case, Colt used to have a cardboard and styrofoam box also, now Colt gives you a nice hard case, S&W went back to the cheap cardboard box as does Springfield. You would think for what you pay for the gun, all should give you a hard case instead of going cheap, ok, done ranting
well your ranting is valid. i'd love to have a hard shell case for all my guns, that are factory originals, not the ones we can buy online or at the LGS's for like under $20.

for me, it's as much a collectable than the guns themselves.

but i think it's over all costs for the company's as to why so many went to boxes.

let's just be thankful that for now, these are not what the factories are using....(well maybe Hi Points are..???)

Tall-Trash2.png

There is a Remington Handgun case on Ebay for $50, if you don't mind having to also get 5 Glock cases (and a couple others)

You will receive the follow:

(3) Glock 43 pistol cases
(1) Glock 22 pistol case
(1) Glock 17 pistol case
(1) Remington 1911 pistol case (has scratches on the front)
(1) Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol case (has some scratches on the front)
(1) Plano pistol case
(3) Glock magazine loaders
(6) cable gun locks
(1) Kel-Tec trigger lock

well your ranting is valid. i'd love to have a hard shell case for all my guns, that are factory originals, not the ones we can buy online or at the LGS's for like under $20.

but i think it's over all costs for the company's as to why so many went to boxes.

let's just be thankful that for now, these are not what the factories are using....(well maybe Hi Points are..???)

Tall-Trash2.png
158277B4-7FEE-47C2-8857-9A9C14DEEFAA.gif

Tall-Trash2.png
Oh, I see now why pink has always been at @10mmLife favorite color now, his yeets come packaged like that, thanks @Old_Me for helping me to clear this up……..🤣🤣

There is a Remington Handgun case on Ebay for $50, if you don't mind having to also get 5 Glock cases (and a couple others)

You will receive the follow:

(3) Glock 43 pistol cases
(1) Glock 22 pistol case
(1) Glock 17 pistol case
(1) Remington 1911 pistol case (has scratches on the front)
(1) Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol case (has some scratches on the front)
(1) Plano pistol case
(3) Glock magazine loaders
(6) cable gun locks
(1) Kel-Tec trigger lock
ummmm......let's see.........HHHhhhhhmmmmmmm........

nope...

it would not be correct to my new 1911, as the bar code would never match.

thanks anyways

UPDATE:
ok, last week, i mailed in the Remington R1S warranty registration card.

it came back as "unable to forward"

I sent it to the N.C. address...

i cannot get anything online, regarding registering this 1911.

so i been playing "email tag" with Remington, or whomever owns them.

here is (to me) the final email they sent me minutes ago,.........

"We’re not supporting Remington firearm warranties. Try www.gunrepaircenter.com for repair services. Thank you!"

i told them in MY emails that i bought this NEW 1911 that was built in Huntsville, and not NY, and i even supplied them with the model and serial numbers, which clearly, they can look up to see where and WHEN it was actually built.....before the buyout, after the buyout, or brand new factory run under the NEW ownership....

i can most certainly get it repaired at the bait/tackle/gun store, he IS a gunsmith...but jesus h. christ, my wanting to register this gun is the same as for all my others in my collection, to be notified of any recalls, that come up, was that too much to ask of them..??????

anyway, still a great gun, just a lousy way of proving customer service is non-existant with this new company take over....

i been to the range, pics were posted, however, the is now a large red X thru them......at least here in this thread....

i don't know way...... @10mmLife , @xdman ..???any mod/admin explain that..???

@SimonRL check here.. https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/good-day-at-the-range.8850/page-5#post-202163

posting 91
Thanks for the link. What did you think of the gun. I thought about a used R1 at my LGS but got out of with several reviews saying it had a heavy trigger.

Not sure why your seeing big red X's through your photos. I just clicked the link and everything looks fine on my end.
wow, no kidding...all i see are those red x's thru the boxes where the pics would have been.........

like this

here are some pics

believe it or not, it does say Huntsville, Al

mRze-i2-f1WH3SYlE0Gg7-5TRK1j3tQJFhNPdRFvB0_vpnAgEf1DLW-NiOaT1GwaIcc0I89KPA3gZCbFrgZRn8r8xDuUEpeKODyjRSC5CHycEg4KjjvpaR4Zk4ACikVnFNjuAYBWT5zfxXW6P4CKGIdTbzXp-FH2kJ1RN9beLo9SAo5-FLWrGetqZXQ3gKdlg9X4P8g07S5VnKwqtAdhJgWH0oKbdNKlVeDAmrGqYJM-Go9svJRyvSWsP9u___CGq5zwCQ0jD8wZ35kru_ikEvXEdjKLsmdLKn-SAcda2sewvqY0O9Bcz31zWM-AyGN2ZRaMI3SKinod5MiSS5P5_ep2lm4TwtKsW1s-aitu62tg79TmYHLxGWeFZeSsAUOXhogwObWCFj5BNL_0o-3aLE-oufdS4_aQ8ETHx6SVc4zgLtupPaj4z7OH4sKjHP4UdCQ3PhbBlmjWJ8iIXtdbgqd6xdcn0tmO4veobkriMQuyAx5vkavMpowJC824EaTnVjXOJNGerl7xgf0peXn4M-FEomh_dANpHU6tPQIEahcJa0padOnCOQCqI4brufmTxfdO9ICZ_sAiTyui1oJ-yuXAgh_G7U-RZW01OxxdRyxWUMV7fkbVdDQjuq1HhHbwrjOczZ_NBa0yKacZntPge6T7qVim6wcZwv5FmHyLUyqkAoAH03tNK38fihvC4tIEgBI4rNss0IXMek-l7hjAuYMF7sVzC_KRSNAI0_VOe1u-2_ponnfqj9s1w6SXnqCwVNXJCojmAtYnLxs3HmLD6LtlXqlECteskw5hCP6GVCHb6xn6OcPrUjhrUi8Tr3orRUGAVuwEgTTszDdNtKCNWWubP0xhneeZicOSvAMLh5aKSdtHCfkw3DQtOGAhygI4IOtWtgc1NwnUPB14-ErEr0SAvCyMmn4ma7DhvDkqC3aY15hu=w1250-h937-no

ok, like WTH...now i am seeing pics...????

nope,as soon as i hit the submit button...poof, red x's thru the boxes...

hey, i'm old, but not senile nor on drugs, or J.D.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. What did you think of the gun. I thought about a used R1 at my LGS but got out of with several reviews saying it had a heavy trigger.
i think this trigger in like under 4 lbs, i hadn't taken any measurements.

really very nice one indeed, for the special order pricing.

in all frankness, it should stay at the price of $700, rather than the suggested retail of $1,090.00

Are you sure it is brand new? Like made recently. I haven't seen anything about brand new remingtons and i have looked! My LGS said he has heard nothing about it

I just got off the innerweb at Remington, I can’t find a single place there to register your guns, that’s totally unacceptable and still shows that Remington still has sub-par customer service……

Back