testtest

Steinel 9mm Subcompact Carry Ammo

The 9mm civil defense lacked penetration depth in gel but
I would like to test the civil defense ammo on a thawed turkey to see the results. 9mm civil defense zooms at 2000fps and I wonder how that energy expends when hitting something that isn't as pliable as ballistic gel.

I still use Hornaday 147gr XTP’s in my Shield. For some reason that gun prefers heavier bullet weights.

You might want to watch this -->

This changed my mind about the XTP bullet. I still have them in my .45 XDs but am going to switch to the Federal HSTs . The .45 XTP gave close to same results. The XTP works great in the .380 because of the fact that it doesn't expand as much as most other ammo.

As far as the ammo in the story , I wouldn't use it.

You might want to watch this -->

This changed my mind about the XTP bullet. I still have them in my .45 XDs but am going to switch to the Federal HSTs . The .45 XTP gave close to same results. The XTP works great in the .380 because of the fact that it doesn't expand as much as most other ammo.

As far as the ammo in the story , I wouldn't use it.
Great video papa, makes me second guess my ammo choice now, thanks for posting it.

Caliber has a lot to do with a projectiles performance and a certain bullet should not be discounted because of 1 calibers test.

I mentioned in a post above about civil defense ammo having mixed results in 9mm but if you look up 10mm results with this same brand bullet it shows a devastating round.

Not all bullet's are created equal when it comes to different caliber's because bullet weight and velocity make a huge difference in how it will react when it hits a target.

Back