testtest

1911 you gotto have one

during the scandemic, when everyone was buying 9mm's, the large gun store had dozens of 1911's available.

no one was buying them due to pricing, and how heavy they were, and the small amount of mag capacity over say 20 round 9mm magazines. as well as the "much higher cost" of ammo

that's when i bought my first 1911, a Remington R, blued.

i sold that (regrettably) to my shooting buddy, but i have the new RS 1, in ss, and i'll keep that.

also i have amassed a small collection of 1911's, ALL in 45 ACP of course, i want no other caliber 1911.

i have since dumped all of my 'blued" 1911's, in high favor of 2 tones and SS, as to me, they are just so much more appealing.

i take any of my 1911's to the range more so than any of my revolvers, or 9mm's. this is why i reload more 45 ACP, than the 9mm.

long live the 1911.......

some guy named John M. Browning invented/developed them, and by some weird twist, his birthday is the same as mine..........just a different year...........of course.... :LOL:

sublimily, is that the reason why i love'em.?? :unsure:

The 1911 is my favorite semi-auto pistol. It fits me perfectly and points naturally for me. Most of mine are in .45acp as its a proven performer. I do have a few in the other correct caliber, .38 Super. 😁
I do own one 9mm 1911. I wish I'd never bought the thing. Frankly, I regard a 9mm 1911 as blasphemy. It just ain't right. :mad:
For a SA 9mm, I much prefer JMB's other masterpiece. The Hi-Power. ;)

Here's some of mine. This is an old picture. I've added more since this was taken. 😁

Perfect timing with this post I'm in the market for one right now looking at all the different Springfield ones and wondering which one I want to add to my collection first. I'm leaning towards an Emissary but I still have to go to the gun shop and put a few in my hand and see how they feel.

I have a few iconic weapons such as 1911, CZ 75, HP clone, 4" 629. These are definite keepers.
I also have a few iconic Western firearms such as Chiappa 1887 shotgun, Pietta hammered double, Pedersoli Lightning, Uberti Schofield, Pietta Colt clone, Cimarron 1873 and Ruger Vaqueros and Blackhawks.
Then I have a handful of more modern guns.
Some are more fun than others and some I'm not real fond of shoot pretty well.

In 1949, Colt made sixty-five 9mm 1911 pistols that were designed to entice the government to offer a production contract for the military. The contract did not materialize, but the guns were destined to be kept in production. In 1950 Colt decided to release the shorter, lighter 1911 in 9mm (plus .45 ACP, .30 Luger and .38 Super) to the public. ....It was at this time that Colt officially named the gun the Commander.

So, the 9mm chambering in the 1911 is +73 years long & counting.

If any chambering is a blaspheme it's the .30 Luger.

My .02

Perfect timing with this post I'm in the market for one right now looking at all the different Springfield ones and wondering which one I want to add to my collection first. I'm leaning towards an Emissary but I still have to go to the gun shop and put a few in my hand and see how they feel.
Colt…..Colt……Colt……lol
IMG_0410.jpeg

Last edited:
1911s may be heavier, hold fewer rounds
but they are the cats meow
i own several, plus XDs and other assorted firearms, but i get more joy at the range with the 45 acp 1911 than any of the other toys
imo the weight, actually gives me better control and the large grip is good for my long fingers.

I learned to shoot handgun on a Commander version. Had a few over the years. I sold mine off when I dropped down in caliber due to arthritis in my thumbs. Have not yet gotten one in 9mm but it's only a matter of time.

I could not stay away completely though so I bought the. 389 Browning version.

20210530_130407.jpg

i had the emissary and dumped it..the dang grips are way too aggressive, and at one time, were painful.

i don't need that BS, and i did not want to swap them out as the front and rear strap were every bit as bad.

The 1911 is my favorite semi-auto pistol. It fits me perfectly and points naturally for me. Most of mine are in .45acp as its a proven performer. I do have a few in the other correct caliber, .38 Super. 😁
I do own one 9mm 1911. I wish I'd never bought the thing. Frankly, I regard a 9mm 1911 as blasphemy. It just ain't right. :mad:
For a SA 9mm, I much prefer JMB's other masterpiece. The Hi-Power. ;)

Here's some of mine. This is an old picture. I've added more since this was taken. 😁
i had read way too many complaints of one sort or another on 9mm 1911's.

either here or on other 1911 websites, enough to stay away and not recommend them.

i had read way too many complaints of one sort or another on 9mm 1911's.

either here or on other 1911 websites, enough to stay away and not recommend them.
Got 2 1911’s in 9mm, both function fine, no issues. The older 1911’s in 9mm had some issues, but the more recent ones run fine, think it has to do the newer ones are fully ramped, my RO Operator will feed anything.

Got 2 1911’s in 9mm, both function fine, no issues. The older 1911’s in 9mm had some issues, but the more recent ones run fine, think it has to do the newer ones are fully ramped, my RO Operator will feed anything.
The old 9mm magazines were problematic also. Today 9mm 1911s are as reliable as any other imho
still doesn't convince me to run out and buy one.

I tell you what dude I shot 250 rds today on my plain old mil spec 45acp not one hiccup . I love this gun

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpeg
    IMG_0108.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
Back