testtest

Homeowner shoots intruder, and he responds, 'You're gonna have to kill me.' So homeowner shoots him again, police say.

shanneba

Custom
"Babb says that the homeowner confronted the intruder in the basement and gave him a warning. After that, he fired one gunshot and struck the intruder.
The homeowner then took up a position at the top of his staircase on the second story of the home.
Babb said that the suspect started going up the stairs and said to the homeowner, "You're gonna have to kill me."
So the homeowner reportedly shot him a second time."

"Babb says that the homeowner confronted the intruder in the basement and gave him a warning. After that, he fired one gunshot and struck the intruder.
The homeowner then took up a position at the top of his staircase on the second story of the home.
Babb said that the suspect started going up the stairs and said to the homeowner, "You're gonna have to kill me."
So the homeowner reportedly shot him a second time."

stupid gets, what stupid wants...... :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :love:

First off why would anyone tell law enforcement or the news media that the intruder said you are going to have to kill me and you shoot him again??
I think a liberal DA will have a field day with that statement.
IMO never hold back important information, but then never volunteer anything that could be twisted and used against you, especially in these anti-2nd Amendment times we're in today.

First off why would anyone tell law enforcement or the news media that the intruder said you are going to have to kill me and you shoot him again??
I think a liberal DA will have a field day with that statement.
Well, because the intruder saying “ You’re gonna have to kill me” while moving up the stairs towards the homeowner ( which is what the article says happened) is a pretty clear indication that the intruder intended to cause grievous bodily injury or death to the homeowner.

One bullet in him and still coming? Damn right that called for a second shot. It called for emptying the gun.
1694790545395.jpeg

There’s was no obligation for the homeowner to give a voluntary statement other than he did not give permission to the intruder to enter his home and that he feared for his life. There’s no indication if the statement was before or after attorney consultation o, no report if the intruder was armed. BTW, this goes back to the reasonable force topic from yesterdays post. Is it one of those deliberate journalistic tidbits they toss just to provoke the reader. So there’s that.

Yes, the defense will argue that the homeowner overreacted because the defendant just wanted to leave the premise after being told to do so.…blah-blah-blah, you know the drill.
As far as the homeowners statement claiming he obliged the intruders request by shooting a second time, this was a huge error as it presents itself to a spontaneous admission. Both can claim statements of duress and based on totality it sometimes doesn’t add up good for the firearm possessor.

Depending how local prosecutors roll, will they accept a pleas deal on a watered down charge just to get the matter over to the civil process of financially ruining the homeowner is always worry.

homeowner should have fired a 3rd shot. and a 4th if necessary.
…my ‘policy’ is two shots. If I have to fire once, I’m firing twice, in quick succession.
It’s partly my tactical decision (“don’t think; DO”).
But a big part of it is practical: range time has found me increasingly (aging hands?) jerking the first shot. Its The Flinch, and always low-left, even if just a little. But I’ve also found that my second shot ALWAYS corrects and somehow the quicker I do it the better it corrects…
I can’t come up with any certain explanation.
???

Back