testtest

Electric is the way to go?

Sld1959

Hellcat
Last edited:
I will never purchase one! First of all who can afford the purchase price?
sadly, with current pricing on gasoline cars/trucks, i see the day all will be as equal as possible in pricing.

as it is, Ford announced that thanks to the strike, they will raise, not think about it, nearly $7,000 9n thier truck line.

as it is now, the average pricing of new trucks is or has gotten close to $70,000

who can afford that..??

rich people, business owners most likely.

if anything at all, gasoline prices will increase more and more, gasoline cars/trucks will be fewer and far between (newly built ones), the used car/truck market will soar, more so in pricing than new...just look at some of the dealerships now, at the pricing on used prices...nearly the same as for a new car.

all anyone can do is, wait till the last year that YOUR state's law on "new gasoline cars ends", buy new then, and keep it till you die.

For a chair, yeah: electric is the way to go.

For trucks, not even close. For mainstream cars, well if you're willing to pay up 5-10 years of gas money upfront to get an electric car, good for you. Charging the car isn't going to be free, one thing that many forget. And if you want super-car performance for $100K then yeah, get a Tesla that's an awesome car :D

Okay how many other old farts bought our 1st house for less than that?
No electric cars for me for a whole host of reasons, but mainly because I hate Greenies, and NIMBYs.
my house which was bought for like $8,000 back in 1946, and it is a 3 family not a single family house..

todays prices...??

like nearly $800,000 (that's what they are selling for in my neighborhood, and believe me, they ain't new....mine was built in 1860, and i can sell it for close to that $800,00 since the housing market here is scarce. (supply and demand)

i had an uncle that would many times say, "i'd never thought i'd see the price of a new car so high"....

and that was back in 1980, when he bought a used car for $2,000, and the new one he looked at was......$6,000

Last edited:
The big problem with EVs is the life of the battery. It isn't as long as you'd think and it's like a ticking time bomb. They are extremely expensive to replace and no one is going to buy the car off you knowing the battery is wearing down.
the thing here is to trade in at the half way point of the life of the battery.

then you get a fair trade in, and the dealership usually resells with at least a 1 year warranty to the new buyer.

or, when buying brand new.??

buy the extended FACTORY warranty, making darned sure it includes the battery

Tesla is a status symbol here in my burb for the foreigners that moved here from India/****.
They are everywhere en masse.
I was told that since over their a Euro car was a status symbol, that over here its the Tesla.
Yep, 100% the same here, typically Mass-clowns coming down to educate us peasants... But who comes crying for help when a truck or trailer is needed?

In Northern California, it's which VC bro's got the bigger wheels, or the Plaid or pre-ordered FSD, who can YouTube himself doing asinine stuff on the freeway while the car is driving itself, or who can wait until the very last second at the light then take off like a bat out of hell, blocking everyone else.

It's a shite-show of stupidity, and these morons don't realize that if they get into a head on collision, the FD is not equipped to deal with the kind of temperature a burning battery reaches...

I live next to a big time college football town that loves to virtue signal to the rest of us, so I see a lot of Tesla, Rivian, Hummer, and even some exotic EV parading around town. Of note, my multi billionaire neighbor doesn't own an EV.

Go Dawgs!

Last edited:
Tesla is a status symbol here in my burb for the foreigners that moved here from India/****.
They are everywhere en masse.
I was told that since over their a Euro car was a status symbol, that over here its the Tesla.
same here. teslas are definitely a status symbol here too. and you are right, a lot of indians here drive them. there is also the virtue signaling element. "look at me. i care about the environment. i'm saving mother earth."

I think there are two chargers in town. The poor and middle class can't afford an ev, but are subsidizing those that make over $100K. I heard insurance companies are charging more for ev insurance than gas or diesel. Road trips are problematic for evs. Cold weather is not kind to ev performance. Truck and large SUV prices are unaffordable regardless of propulsion and they seem silly to me for something that depreciates so much. Forcing the population to adopt ev before the country is ready is like forcing gun buyers into microstamping or other silly technology. YMMV

I think there are two chargers in town. The poor and middle class can't afford an ev, but are subsidizing those that make over $100K. I heard insurance companies are charging more for ev insurance than gas or diesel. Road trips are problematic for evs. Cold weather is not kind to ev performance. Truck and large SUV prices are unaffordable regardless of propulsion and they seem silly to me for something that depreciates so much. Forcing the population to adopt ev before the country is ready is like forcing gun buyers into microstamping or other silly technology. YMMV
well, you know, the internet companies charge us a little extra each month (si=ur-charge) , so that they can provide free or low cost internet service to the poor.

i see this as happening with EV chargers, companies putting a "sur-charge" on the final cost, and then setting up more EV chargers in areas for the down-trodden.

so i can see EV owners paying for others, so much for a status symbol........

Some day we'll all be driving electric cars. But not yet. The technology just isn't there. At the moment, electric cars are more of a hazard and just a PITA. I seriously doubt I'll see a truly practical electric vehicle in my lifetime.
so.... a person buys an EV....keeps it for several years, then needs a new battery, hopefully, longer lasting, and longer distances..

but there are costs involved...

1) the battery

2) the labor

3) cost of disposing of the old battery

all this of course will be added to the final bill.

i'd venture to guess at least a final bill of $12,000

for a car that will most certainly, devaluate each year.

Back