testtest

really nice range day this afternoon

powerboatr

Professional
breezy and hovering the low 80s with high humidity, made me second guess my choice of long pants vice shorts
but i had to test the new shooting mat my wife sewed up , worked perfect. NO pics sorry. but after 20 rounds of 308 my old shoulder was done testing.
what made the day , was my 22 year old grand daughter showed up to shoot her favorite pistol, my 1967 1911 colt. she is amazing, fird 4 shots to get her zen back and then nailed the target like a laser. made her boyfriend nervous. I told him...yup she will shoot your baby toe if you mess up.
it was a great day with her stopping by, so papa could play "load my magazines please, papa" 😍
she was amused at the YOU SUCK targets i put up just for her. and my bag is grey for the 308..
no use used targets from us, as i dont post results for personal reasons. the holders have previous targets from others in the background. she is simply an amazing young lady. fired all the pistols and keeps coming back to the 1911, she says its heavy and helps her bring it in. she is a skinny little person, but has long fingers.

Attachments

• oct 24th (1).jpg
    oct 24th (1).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • oct 24th (2).jpg
    oct 24th (2).jpg
    904.1 KB · Views: 69
  • oct 24th (4).jpg
    oct 24th (4).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
i do need to get a new barrel brake . the one i have now is killing my shoulder. and maybe find a better pad for my luth AR adjustable stock it seems to me the rubber is getting harder or i am getting .........older

Attachments

• 20231024_184037.jpg
    20231024_184037.jpg
    881.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 308 muzzle brake 1.jpg
    308 muzzle brake 1.jpg
    747.7 KB · Views: 61
test fit my 12 ga limbsaver pad and it fits like a glove. luth ar had a small topic on their website about some limbsavers fitting really well, even though they dont offer a thicker pad or anything other than the hard rubber pad
i will go see my LGS in the am about a new muzzle brake and limb saver pad
i don't shoot the ar 10 that much, but i don't want to sell it either

Hi @powerboatr,

It's great to have range time with family. Your granddaughter is quite the badass using a 1911.

Don't worry about your targets. I usually skip my worst ones. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I'm picking my dad up in a couple hours and taking him to the range to shoot his Shield EZ. He's 83 and and has vascular dementia. In reality he shouldn't be anywhere near a gun, but I'll be there with him so he'll be fine. Really my mom just needs some "Her" time. She has stuff to do and he can't be left alone. Taking care of my father is more than a full time job for her.

I'm picking my dad up in a couple hours and taking him to the range to shoot his Shield EZ. He's 83 and and has vascular dementia. In reality he shouldn't be anywhere near a gun, but I'll be there with him so he'll be fine. Really my mom just needs some "Her" time. She has stuff to do and he can't be left alone. Taking care of my father is more than a full time job for her.
GREAT JOB to you SIR. the respite does add up and you get some DAD time. (y) (y) (y) (y)

my dad has REALLY bad diabetes and cant feel his feet, he likes range time, but scares the crap out of me. i load his pistol only after i have him seated and secure pointing down range.. it boosts his emotions

You are a good son. My mother is 93 years old and insists on living alone except I send about 4 hours a day with her.

i do need to get a new barrel brake . the one i have now is killing my shoulder. and maybe find a better pad for my luth AR adjustable stock it seems to me the rubber is getting harder or i am getting .........older
That's your shoulder?!?!? Holly smokes, do you have claws on the buttstock? I got my wife one off Amazon for her AR MIL-spec buttstock, fits perfectly and she likes it. I had tried Limbsaver before and it didn't fit great, this one was perfect fit. $18 too!

1698252420414.png
1698252446968.png

Last edited:
That's your shoulder?!?!? Holly smokes, do you have claws on the buttstock? I got my wife one off Amazon for her AR MIL-spec buttstock, fits perfectly and she likes it

View attachment 45836 View attachment 45837
Probably a good thing an AR doesn't have a lot of recoil. Now I have a No. 5 Mk I (the "jungle carbine") that kicks like a mule. It has a rubber pad on the buttstock, but I need to put a sofa cushion between the stock and my shoulder to dampen the shock. Of course there is a big difference between the 5.56 and the British .303, so it might not be the stocks fault.

1698253244977.png

That's your shoulder?!?!? Holly smokes, do you have claws on the buttstock? I got my wife one off Amazon for her AR MIL-spec buttstock, fits perfectly and she likes it. I had tried Limbsaver before and it didn't fit great, this one was perfect fit. $18 too!

View attachment 45836 View attachment 45837
yup its a luth AR mb 3/4 it has similar to the left pic. funny on luth ar website they don't make a recoil pad to protect the user, and recommend limbsaver air tech small/medium..found it on amazon for 25 dollars . will be here tomorrow
and i found the muzzle brake i want at wing tactical..waiting on y mil discount to come back and will order it

yup its a luth AR mb 3/4 it has similar to the left pic. funny on luth ar website they don't make a recoil pad to protect the user, and recommend limbsaver air tech small/medium..found it on amazon for 25 dollars . will be here tomorrow
and i found the muzzle brake i want at wing tactical..waiting on y mil discount to come back and will order it

That thing's going to be loud! Fun! :LOL:
This looks pretty good, and only $15 (and of course out of stock as more that half of the good stuff)

That thing's going to be loud! Fun! :LOL:

This looks pretty good, and only $15 (and of course out of stock as more that half of the good stuff)
thats why i went to amazon, free shipping and that puts it less than at limbsavers website.
i like the MUCHO adjustablility of the luth AR stock...but its hard on the body, now i will have to re adjust for LOP.

the muzle brake i have now, really sits the rifle back hard, which was not a problem shooting from a sitting table, but i am doing prone now almost all the time to take tensions off the back and its beating me up. this brake is supposed to limit the up barrel movement and direct gas out reduce some recoil feel...we shall see

GREAT JOB to you SIR. the respite does add up and you get some DAD time. (y) (y) (y) (y)

my dad has REALLY bad diabetes and cant feel his feet, he likes range time, but scares the crap out of me. i load his pistol only after i have him seated and secure pointing down range.. it boosts his emotions
I did make him rack the EZ a couple times, which I know makes him feel less useless. I also got him to rack my VP9 using the optic against his left hand and pushing with his right. The range trip was relatively unremarkable. He did fine with both his EZ ( which I installed a CT Laserguard on years ago) and my VP9. It was overcast so he could see his laser pretty well. He kept trying to make the dot stay still. lol Once I had him stop doing that and pressing the trigger when he saw it on the bull he did just fine.

The VP9 is amazing with this 507. I shot 2 boxes and missed zero times at 15 yards. Just ludicrously fast and accurate.

here is a question
my new muzzle brake is expected friday afternoon
i went to my rifle to get it ready, you know , remove the current muzzle brake flash suppressor. i was getting ready to get my soft vice out and brass wrench, when my brain said try it free hand first. so i held barrel in one hand and grabbed the brake in the other and twisted, BOOM it was loose enough to unscrew by hand.
it sort of made me look twice

now i need to get with stag arms and see what the correct torque should be on the new one?

Back