testtest

Holster recommendations for AIWB

Legacy Firearms Cronus. These arr my holster of choice for IWB. I have them for my Sigs, Archon and VP9s.

That looks like a contender. Sure wish I could handle one. Or knew someone who could take a picture of it set up AIWB so I could see the ride height with it adjusted for negative cant. :unsure:

So with negative cant is it pointing at or away from Little Bob?
Negative cant will be with the grip leaning to the left slightly. And frankly I'm just basing this on what appears to be my natural draw stroke in that area by my approximation. Most internet experts suggest slight negative cant is preferable AIWB, but I think I could adjust to no cant pretty easily as well.

Keeping the grip tilted up and off your belt line is a good thing with AIWB, imo.
Well I certainly am not in a position to disagree, but most of the stuff I read from so called experts like Mike Seeklander suggest that a negative cant and a higher ride height are preferable. Having to resort to an unnatural draw stroke is going to slow you down. I'm sure you can train to it, but everything I have ever been taught in classes or about gun handling or fighting leads me to use my body's natural motion. I will say that since I have never had a firearm in appendix position, much less in a legitimate rig, it's hard for me to know what my natural inclination will be.

One thing is for sure. It's best to be able to try out all the different options to customize your rig to work for you.

My only advice is not to have the grip aligned such that it is sitting right on your belt line, where it will interfere with your ability to get a good grip quickly. A cant that tilts the grip up and away from your belt line will minimize interference with your belt. It's pretty common with AIWB that the holster will shift around some as you go about your day, sitting, standing, etc. AIWB holsters that have a single attachment point/clip are notorious for pivoting and it's pretty common with these that the grip of the gun ends up settling right on your belt.

More so than other carry positions, expect that you will probably have to experiment to find what is comfortable, regardless of what works for others.

AIWB or pocket carry for me. For me, the cant mainly affects the amount my wrist has to bend. A slight positive or negative cant doesn’t seem to have too much effect on speed, but no cant works better for me. I still recommend Crossbreed Reckoning because it has two belt clips and because the leather backer doesn’t dig into your belly like Kydex when you sit down.

AIWB or pocket carry for me. For me, the cant mainly affects the amount my wrist has to bend. A slight positive or negative cant doesn’t seem to have too much effect on speed, but no cant works better for me. I still recommend Crossbreed Reckoning because it has two belt clips and because the leather backer doesn’t dig into your belly like Kydex when you sit down.
I prefer no cant too. When I carry IWB on my hip I like a high sweat guard but for AIWB I go for the low sweat guard.

Bunch of great suggestions and I really appreciate all your input. I've had such good luck over the years with MRT I think I'll have Kevin and his crew make me another one.

The gun came in this afternoon and I will be picking it up tomorrow after work. I'm pretty excited about it.

So is anyone using wedges or pillows/pads ? I don't probably need one for concealing/printing purposes, but those Mastermind Tactics pillows look like they might help with the holster digging into my groin.

Back