testtest

S&W New Product announcement Jan. 22 2024

mail.png

A new 41 magnum? :)

"These guns were the precursor to the Winchester and was also Smith & Wesson’s first foray into the firearms industry."

Only around 1,700 pistols were manufactured c. 1854-1855 by Smith & Wesson before the venture was reorganized into the Volcanic Repeating Arms Company. Of those, only 500 were these larger No. 2 pistols.

The-Volcanic-pistol-in-its-many-variations-at-Rock-Island-Auction-Company.jpg

Last edited:
In 1854, Smith & Wesson patented their first lever gun, the Volcanic lever-action. Honoring that historic milestone, the classic American lever gun is reborn as the Smith & Wesson 1854 Series, the first to incorporate the feel of our revered large-frame revolver's smooth, crisp action, and clean craftsmanship. Experience the perfect blend of heritage and innovation - experience Smith & Wesson Smooth™

Caliber 44 MAGNUM
Capacity 9
11/16”-24 threaded 19.25” barrel

14079-sw-LA_Rifle-OnWhite_Right-cutout__61095.1705334314.1280.1280.png

13812-OnWhite-3Q-Right-cutout.png

In 1854, Smith & Wesson patented their first lever gun, the Volcanic lever-action. Honoring that historic milestone, the classic American lever gun is reborn as the Smith & Wesson 1854 Series, the first to incorporate the feel of our revered large-frame revolver's smooth, crisp action, and clean craftsmanship. Experience the perfect blend of heritage and innovation - experience Smith & Wesson Smooth™

13812-OnWhite-3Q-Right-cutout.png
Gorgeous, but I will probably never own one. I'm not paying $1200 for a lever action

Cool they're making it though, I'm all for any new gun regardless if I will ever have one or not

Gorgeous, but I will probably never own one. I'm not paying $1200 for a lever action

Cool they're making it though, I'm all for any new gun regardless if I will ever have one or not
Unfortunately if you want a quality one from an American company that’s what you are going to have to pay. While the MSRP seems high they will be a couple hundred less Runger had to make new machines as the old Marlin equipment was unserviceable. S&W obviously had to start from scratch. Henry is a little cheaper but not by much

The days of 400-600 dollar Marlins are long gone.

Rossi and a few others are decent and in the 7
6-700 range wether that is good enough is for each person to decide.

Last edited:
Unfortunately if you want a quality one from an American company that’s what you are going to have to pa. While the MSRP seems high they will be a couple hundred less Runger had to make new machines as the old Marlin equipment was unserviceable. S&W obviously had to start from scratch. Henry is a little cheaper but not by much

The days of 400-600 dollar Marlins are long gone.

Rossi and a few others are decent and in the 7
6-700 range wether that is good enough is for each person to decide.
I'd sell my rossi 44mag for that 1. It's a good gun, but not a fan of top elections. If they got rid of the removable tube they could get 2 more rounds at least.

Back