testtest

Favorite Childhood Cartoon...

1710793722518.png

Eeh seemed designed to ‘dumb down’ kids who’d imitate their actions - shockingly, I somehow wasn’t their market demographic since highbrow humor isn’t my style. Usually too busy working or coaching sports w/ the kids to watch much tv back then.
I didn't get to see much Saturday morning cartoons, unless it was winter. Work work work was required being on a ranch. No farming was done until the '70s which I wasn't savy enough for tractor work. I wouldn't trade work on any day for cartoons or any TV shows.

Ok:
Sigmund the Sea Monster
HR Puffinstuff
The Banana Splits
The Bugaloos
Wacky Racers
Kimba the White Lion
The Justice League
Scooby Doo
Fangface and Fangpuss
HeMan
Speedy Gonzales
Slowpoke Rodrigues
Spike and Tyke
Woody Woodpecker
Huckleberry Hound
Droopy Dog
Snagglepuss
Atom Ant
Grape Ape
Magilla Guerilla
Yogi Bear and Boo Boo
Precious Pup
Sylvester and Tweety
Yosemite Sam
Elmer Fudd
Queekstraw McGraw and Boba Looey
El Kabong (Aka Quick Draw McGraw)

Just to add to the list.

I remember when the plan was for Mickey mouse to be called 'Mortimer'. Well, I don't actually remember the original arguments, but I do remember the arguments regarding the original arguments. And when Mickey played the part of Steamboat Willie, that film was the one that really made Walt Disney and Disney studios by being recognized as the first cartoon film to synchronize sound and action in the film. Wow, they have come a really long way since those days.

And coincidentally, I keep a 5"x7" hand painting of Yosemite Sam holding his six guns up over his head with the wording ... "Go ahead, make my day!" Also have one of Sylvester the cat with the wording ... "Would you be terribly upset if I asked you to take your silly assd question down the hall?" Both of them go back a ways ... the cartoon characters and the paintings. jj

I remember when the plan was for Mickey mouse to be called 'Mortimer'. Well, I don't actually remember the original arguments, but I do remember the arguments regarding the original arguments. And when Mickey played the part of Steamboat Willie, that film was the one that really made Walt Disney and Disney studios by being recognized as the first cartoon film to synchronize sound and action in the film. Wow, they have come a really long way since those days.

And coincidentally, I keep a 5"x7" hand painting of Yosemite Sam holding his six guns up over his head with the wording ... "Go ahead, make my day!" Also have one of Sylvester the cat with the wording ... "Would you be terribly upset if I asked you to take your silly assd question down the hall?" Both of them go back a ways ... the cartoon characters and the paintings. jj
My brother wore a shirt to school that had the coyote holding the roadrunner by the throat and saying "beep beep my a$$".

Mortimer Mouse, Mickey's shunned and imperfect brother based on the rejected Disney Mortimer Mouse, started out in the Outland comic strip by Berkley Breathed.

Back