testtest

Shot like crap today

Bassbob

Emissary
I went to the range this morning with my Walther Q5 Match. It has a Vortex Venom on it. I am pretty new to red dots on pistols. This is the only one I have. I put 300 rounds through it before I decided to pack it in. I don't know if I'm spending too much time worrying about the dot flitting around or what, but I could feel myself jerking the trigger and putting way too many rounds high left. To check zero I shot a few from a rest and I was on, but shooting off hand I was shooting even crappier than I normally shoot. I have been going through some allergies and been a little under the weather. I wish I could chalk it up to that, but I think there's more going on than that. When I slowed way down and paid attention mentally to the trigger press I did better.

Anyway, no real reason for posting I just thought I would share my grief with the rest of you.

Off days—Everybody has ‘em. I refer to it as suffering from SLS—Shoot Like S(tink).

Once it starts, it just seems to get worse, because you get in your own head...

I’ll go through periods of it...my fix is to grab a .22 and a brick of ammo, pick a quiet day at the range, and just focus on the fundamentals. Works for me.

A range buddy and I have found that when we take the first shot we know what kind of a day it's going to be.
If the first round goes center target that's the time to quit. Everything after that is going to most
likely be down hill. Save the ammo. Bring the other 49 back another day.

I think anyone of us could chalk it up to a bad day. However... How are you doing? Are you under any unusual stress?, is there anything that has your mind preoccupied? Sometimes when life's challenges are not conquered, we have small things that are effected in our lives. And because it's not a major meltdown 😭 many don't recognize the underlying issue. Take some time to take a deep breath. Pause and ask yourself if anything is contributing to your off day. Not looking for you to divulge that on here. Just an option for you to process.

I think anyone of us could chalk it up to a bad day. However... How are you doing? Are you under any unusual stress?, is there anything that has your mind preoccupied? Sometimes when life's challenges are not conquered, we have small things that are effected in our lives. And because it's not a major meltdown 😭 many don't recognize the underlying issue. Take some time to take a deep breath. Pause and ask yourself if anything is contributing to your off day. Not looking for you to divulge that on here. Just an option for you to process.

Well, besides the aforementioned being under the weather a bit, I actually did leave the house to go to the range pretty specifically to get away from my wife. Who frankly was pissing me off. Hotter than a microwave oven and will change the water pump on my truck while I'm at work, but man sometimes I wish she would shut the hell up. Not sure that had anything to do with it, but it is a reasonable excuse. ;-)

I've got to hit the range for the first time later this week. Have a lot of toys that need re-zeroed after winter adjustments/changes.

Plus I got my own set of IPSC target stands and card boards plus a stop plate to start pistol practice since our club is shut down due to the CV.

Need to set up a mini-3 gun course in a bay for practicing that also.

Back