testtest

When a COVID-19 Vaccine is developed will you get it?

So it is unknown when a vaccine will be developed and proven to protect you from COVID-19 when this happens will you get it?
For me the answer is no.
Reason?
I don’t believe in them.
Years ago I worked with someone who got the Flu Vaccine every year. A week after receiving the vaccine he would get the Flu and be out of work for 2-3 weeks.
EVERY YEAR!!!
What’s your thoughts on this?

So it is unknown when a vaccine will be developed and proven to protect you from COVID-19 when this happens will you get it?
For me the answer is no.
Reason?
I don’t believe in them.
Years ago I worked with someone who got the Flu Vaccine every year. A week after receiving the vaccine he would get the Flu and be out of work for 2-3 weeks.
EVERY YEAR!!!
Well hmmm...🤔
I would have to say, people need to stop and think for themselves. What good is it if you take a vaccine and then get sick? And why keep getting the flu vaccine every year if it makes you sick for weeks?

For me the answer is no.
Reason?
I don’t believe in them.
EVERY YEAR!!!
Ok, for one thing, it’s takes 2-3 weeks for the flu vaccine to be fully effective, also, the flu vaccine will not give you the flu, big misconception on this, for me, I have no choice, I have to get a flu vaccine every year due to me being diagnosed with heart disease, so, if a COVID 19 vaccine comes out, I will probably have to get it with my condition, so, yea, I will get it.

Ok, for one thing, it’s takes 2-3 weeks for the flu vaccine to be fully effective, also, the flu vaccine will not give you the flu, big misconception on this, for me, I have no choice, I have to get a flu vaccine every year due to me being diagnosed with heart disease, so, if a COVID 19 vaccine comes out, I will probably have to get it with my condition, so, yea, I will get it.
Thank you for your input and stay safe and healthy my friend. 😎

No one can force you to get vaccinated.

I am one of those who gets sick from the flu shot. I've had the flu when I was younger so I know what it is like. Since 2005 , when I became disabled , I have gotten the flu shot 3 times . I got very sick 3 times and this didn't happen in back to back years. There were 2 to 3 years between the shots. Any other year I have been fine with no flu.

As for the COVID 19 vac. , it will depend. If , as some have said , there will be a tracking system involved with it they can go kick rocks. Otherwise I will probably get it because of my health issues. I hear COVID19 doesn't play well with COPD stage 3 .

I am one of those who gets sick from the flu shot. I've had the flu when I was younger so I know what it is like. Since 2005 , when I became disabled , I have gotten the flu shot 3 times . I got very sick 3 times and this didn't happen in back to back years. There were 2 to 3 years between the shots. Any other year I have been fine with no flu.

As for the COVID 19 vac. , it will depend. If , as some have said , there will be a tracking system involved with it they can go kick rocks. Otherwise I will probably get it because of my health issues. I hear COVID19 doesn't play well with COPD stage 3 .
Good 💩☝️

I saw a person so mess up because of a flu shots, he said almost die and now can't barely walk looks like he got polio, yes it might happen to one in don't know how many thousands, but I burned all my luck by surviving Pancreatic cancer, so NO.
The flu shots in rare cases can cause Guillain-Barre syndrome which, in severe cases can cause paralysis and death.
Being a diabetic, I'm at risk for flu complications, so I get the shot every year, with no side effects as of yet (the one year I didn't, yup, got the flu real bad).
To answer this threads question, since I'm in the High Risk group for COVID-19 (over 60, Diabetic, high cholesterol and triglycerides), yes I will also get this vaccine as well.
Congratulations ca survivor, on beating pancreatic cancer that's quite an achievement. Continued good luck going forward.

No one can force you to get vaccinated.
No, they can’t, but if you in a highly susceptible position, you must do what you can to stay healthy. The issue that determined my diagnosis was my artery in front of my heart, had blockage, it passed on it’s own, lucky here, also know as the “widow maker” So I now do what ever it takes to stay healthy, flu shot, and yes, COVID 19 when ever it come out.

To say more about me I got the flu once in my life at 21 years old. was very very sick for 3 weeks and out of work for over a month.
I will say I’ve never gotten a flu shot.
I’ll probably jinx myself but I haven’t even had a cold in over 10 years because I’ve been practicing the hand washing thing for many many years. OCD probably.

To say more about me I got the flu once in my life at 21 years old. was very very sick for 3 weeks and out of work for over a month.
I will say I’ve never gotten a flu shot.
I’ll probably jinx myself but I haven’t even had a cold in over 10 years because I’ve been practicing the hand washing thing for many many years. OCD probably.
Proper hand hygiene is honestly the key to staying healthy. Good hygiene in general will keep you healthy.

Common sense goes miles towards a happy, healthy life.

Common sense, however...is no longer common in society.

I lead a healthy life. If you can find candy in my house, I'll give you a motorcycle. I exercise daily, eat as right as I can. I do enjoy some "junk" food- dinner tonight, for instance, started out healthy. Boneless, skinless chicken breast...which I wrapped in bacon and topped with brown sugar and grilling spices.

I'll do an extra mile on the mountain bike tomorrow.

But for the question at hand? Probably not. I'm not "high risk". I use common sense. I stay clean. I know my body. I can tell if I'm coming down with something, at which time I down some vitamins and get my rest. Couldn't tell you the last time I got a flu shot...my "sick" time consists of seasonal allergies, which I keep in check with daily Claritin.

And that's the crux of this whole Covid thing. It's not dangerous unless you're high-risk or otherwise compromised. It's the same family of virus as a common cold. If they prove that asymptomatics can transmit it? Yea, I'll probably get a shot since I have close friends who are compromised by cancer - but at the moment, even the W.H.O. is saying asymptomatics don't transmit it (and they're one of the driving forces behind shutting down the world over this thing).

I've gotten the flu shot twice in my life and both times I got sick right away so I never got the shot again and I haven't had the flu since.

Maybe I just have a bad reaction to the shot or it was just coincidence I'm not sure.

I feel the flu shot is still important for those with compromised immune systems or other underlying health conditions.

Last edited:
Never known any employer that has control over any employees health care decisions. Frankly it would be a violation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
The first criminal indictment was lodged in 2011 against a Virginia physician who shared information with a patient's employer "under the false pretenses that the patient was a serious and imminent threat to the safety of the public, when in fact he knew that the patient was not such a threat."
In short...
An employer has no rights to your healthcare records.

"An employer has no rights to your healthcare records."

Um, military perhaps, if one's health (mental/physical) is detrimentally/directly affecting the performance of one's duties.

Example:

Back