testtest

The 1911 and Glock shared a “What The Hell Is This” moment

Talyn

Emissary
Founding Member
We cling to our guns. Not just any gun, but the guns we grew up on and knew like the back of our hands. In this case, it was revolvers. Enter Mr. Browning and his new-fangled 1911, and the proverbial poop hit the fan. 1911’s Not Welcomed Here. This is the story of 1911’s & Glock -A Shared Controversy.

Today, both 1911 and Glock are seen as the elder statesmen of the gun world.


1790817520009.png
 
I was a police firearms instructor. When our dept was changing to a semi-auto pistol we obtained many different brands and several different models from each maker. We chose the Glock as the easiest to make the transaction to. I have carried their 19's and 23's for my last 20 years on the job. I've been retired for 21 years and still carry my 19.
 
i have no GLOCK ownership and only ever fired one once... i just didnt like it
my XD service pistols which are pretty much same same in the area of polymer weapons... have been very very resilient to me dropping, running over, swimming in mud and bouncing around in the utv my xd 9mm service pistol has been flat abused on the pig lease
i would expect glock to be pretty much same in those conditions with the polymer base like the xd
my 1911s.... thou shalt not ever drop or take to the mud pits . :ROFLMAO:
 
Dunno if you meant that as humor or a downright slam. If humor, you succeeded. If a downright slam, you also succeeded. 😁

One of them is a great design and the model of perfection.
The other is a Glock


Honestly, both.

I am a 1911 guy through and through. They shoot amazingly well and are natural pointers

Glocks....function.

I have literally hundreds of hours and thousands of rounds or training...not just target practice, but actual training, on Glocks. I have never had ANY training with a `1911. I still shoot exponentially better with my Kimber than I do my Glock 45.
 
Back
Top