testtest

Would you accept this?

MsMelissa

Operator
Founding Member
My Springfield Saint Victor 5.56 came in and the stock is scratched up on the tube and the finish looks down to the metal. I’m a Rural King now. Would you take this?

Attachments

• 4B269192-8F40-468B-A86F-3FD5A00BB53F.jpeg
    4B269192-8F40-468B-A86F-3FD5A00BB53F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 253
My Springfield Saint Victor 5.56 came in and the stock is scratched up on the tube and the finish looks down to the metal. I’m a Rural King now. Would you take this?
I might in these times of having to wait long periods of time to purchase a desired firearm. Generally, I'm a perfectionist, and want products to arrive unused and undamaged. The pictures have me questioning if that rifle was a store demo before, with people handling and collapsing/un-collapsing the stock (or worse, it was a purchase & then returned item). You could always change out the buffer tube later if it really bothered you, I purchased a brand new Ruger Mark IV Target that had the bluing scratched up on top of the barrel (I didn't notice until I got home). I didn't return it, just put some black nail polish over it, and it looks better.
It's an individual choice, I'd probably say "I'll Take it".

Would SA send a replacement tube?
I don’t know if Springfield would send a replacement tube or not. It just bugs me. I left work early to go pick this up. Was so excited last night I couldn’t sleep and it’s all I thought about at work as I watched the clock like a kid and then it looks like this. If times were good, I wouldn’t take it. My Springfield 1911 was perfect out of the box. I’m guessing the stock has a burr place or something that made the scratch. If I pass, I don’t know when I’ll find another. ☹️

How tight is the stock on the buffer tube? If it's pretty tight that's likely from someone putting the stock on, then sliding back n forth a few times.

Not all buffer tubes are equal. There are average ones & then there are high end ones.

I don't expect SA putting more than an average plain-jane buffer tube on their ARs vs. a higher-end tube(s) that have more durable finishes. If looks vs. function is a higher priority then you could take it up with SA.

Personally, you're likely going to get those same wear marks with standard regular use, and you'll still have fun with your new AR at the range.

It looks dry so you may want to put just a touch of lube on it.

My .02

Last edited:
The way I look at it, it’s new, shouldn’t be like that, nobody should have been messing with it, and if it came from the factory like that, should have never left like that, while I don’t own any AR’s right now, when I did, none came looking like that, yea, it’s cosmetic, but you the owner should be the one that did that, nobody else, just my opinion.

That looks pretty rough and I personally wouldn't accept that as is without a steep discount. Is it definitely scratched or can that be another material that got between the buffer and stock that left a residue?

If you have any experience with the AR platform you should push the takedown pin and pivot the upper to look for wear signs of a used gun.

Last edited:
The rifle will have more wear marks on it after the first time at the range.

Is it going to be put it up on a mantle for show, or use it as a working gun? That is the question.

There's no rolling eyes emotive here

That looks pretty rough and I personally wouldn't accept that as is without a steep discount. Is it definitely scratched or can that be another material that got between the buffer and stock that left a residue?

If you have any experience with the AR platform you should push the takedown pin and open the upper and look for wear signs of a used gun.
I was thinking the same thing but if it’s been shot you should have marks on the ejection bump, some usually wipe off but not all.

I'm under the impression this is a NIB factory AR from SA via the distributor/FFL. If not then it's a different matter.

Considering today's circumstances I'd consider one self lucky to get a new factory gun.
PSA is currently offer the Saint Victor for under $1000. I've noticed a few LGS near me are starting to restock ARs of different manufacturers probably due to the lack of available ammo people aren't buying as many guns here.

Here's a link to my preferred LGS that has a Saint in stock for sale. These guys are awesome and their prices have stayed steady with maybe a slight increase due to supplier raising their prices during the whole covid scare. If they list it online then it's available. Peter and Chance run the shop and I've bought quite a few guns and AR parts from them. You can always call them so they can answer specific questions if you need to.

Last edited:
Back