testtest

New Acquisition

wmg1299

Professional
Over the past few months I've been able to find affordable .40 S&W ammo multiple times, but haven't found any 9mm for under $30 per 50-round box. The only .40 caliber handguns in my collection were a full-size XD Mod.2, the Gen III Glock 22 that I was issued in the Police Academy, and a Hi-Point that I picked up years ago when they were on sale for $119 at my LGS. Needless to say, none of these are ideal carry pieces.

While I was finding 40 S&W ammo everywhere, I couldn't find any compact 40's that I liked anywhere. I was occasionally tempted to get an S&W Shield, because it was the only in-stock option, but I just wasn't willing to pay current prices for one. I finally found this at a decent price last week, and it arrived today. It's not going to replace my EDC right now, but it may get pressed into service if 9mm and .45 acp ammo prices keep rising. Can't wait to get it to the range.
XD-S Mod.2 40S&W.jpg

I paid close to $500 for my PC Shield .40 about 4 or 5 years ago. It was the first plastic gun I ever bought. It’s been flawless for thousands of rounds. It’s in my waistband right now.
That is a great looking gun though brother. Congrats.

I paid close to $500 for my PC Shield .40 about 4 or 5 years ago. It was the first plastic gun I ever bought. It’s been flawless for thousands of rounds. It’s in my waistband right now.
That is a great looking gun though brother. Congrats.

I've heard good things about the Shields, and I might have picked one up if they were still selling for pre-Covid prices. Unfortunately, the .40 S&W 2.0 models seem to be selling for about $100 more than just a few months ago. I've always been partial to the XD line, but it took awhile to find an XDS in-stock at a decent price. I still paid almost $50 more than I wanted, but I figured it was the best I was gonna get in this market. It's a sad fact, but I should be able to make up the difference in one range trip's worth of ammo savings.

Here is my newest toy. Christmas gift from the wife. She says technically it is hers since she paid for it and background check is in her name.

A Scout Squad is on my list to be my next purchase. Right now I can't find one anywhere for under $2k. As soon as I find one in the $1500 range I'll make the purchase.

My wife just bought me a Mossberg 88 Security model. It wasn't nearly as fancy as yours, but I can honestly say it was the nicest pump shotgun in the entire store (it was also the only one).

wmg1299 said: "Over the past few months I've been able to find affordable .40 S&W ammo multiple times, but haven't found any 9mm for under $30 per 50-round box."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, I'd jump on some of that right now @ .60/round. At one of my LGS's a few days ago, last Wednesday as a matter of fact, I noticed he had a full shelf of 9mm stuff. I was in a hurry and didn't look close ..... but when I mentioned to him how surprised I was at his stock, he laughed and said "Did you check the price?" I told him "No, not yet" and then when I did check I saw why there was so much stock. His price was $106.00 for 100 rnd box. Folks that's $1.06/rnd for FMJ (American Eagle IIRC).

Now I don't know how or where his pricing comes from (likely an absentee owner) since the store is an independent and not a franchise, and don't know how long it had been on the shelf, but it appears the law of supply and demand may have collided here. There was no 9mm stuff sold while I was in the store a total of about 30-40 minutes. I may ride back down there tomorrow just to see if it's gone, how much is gone, or if it's still on the shelf.

My 1911 is getting lonely, and I want a Hellcat to keep it company. Living in the state from hell (NJ), I'm limited to a 10 round until I can leave this pit. I can't seem to find one to purchase anywhere and the clock is ticking on my permits. I know I'm not going to find one locally, and that's no problem. I already have a local FFL dealer to transfer to. I would also love to have an XD-M Elite, but that's a dream for another state. If anyone knows where I can find a Hellcat, I'd appreciate the info.

A Scout Squad is on my list to be my next purchase. Right now I can't find one anywhere for under $2k. As soon as I find one in the $1500 range I'll make the purchase.

My wife just bought me a Mossberg 88 Security model. It wasn't nearly as fancy as yours, but I can honestly say it was the nicest pump shotgun in the entire store (it was also the only one).
Our LGS has this for a pretty good price as a black Friday sale. I totally get it!!

I would like to help all of you members out, but I can't sell or produce ammo. For those who have seen my cabinet understand? 1 day I'll be able to. What I could produce is 9mm. 357sig, 40s&w, 10mm, 44mag, 46acp w/+p, 50ae, 233/556, 243win, 6.5g, 260rem, 6.5cm. 264wm, 6.8spc, 270win, 300bo, 7.62/308win, 300wm, 338lm and 45-70 @ 28k(modern government). Possibly 5.7x28?

Back