testtest

Do you own a Hi-Pt firearm?

rrugercp3o

Operator
Me, I own 6 of them. They take a lot of bashing. A lot of people do not like them. Cheap, unreliable, heavy and just too big. Then again, a lot of people like them, me included. I really like my .40 and .45. But, I really like my 9 carbine. Now, that is one nice rifle in my opinion. Shoots dead on and I have not had the first hiccup out of it. Hi-Pt probably has the best customer service dept. of any gun manufacturer. There guns come with a life time warranty. If you have a part that fails, they will ship you a new part. I have removed all mag disconnect safeties and replaced all sear springs (MCARBO). I really like my Hi-Pts. Do you own one?

Attachments

• DSCF4617.JPG
    DSCF4617.JPG
    745.6 KB · Views: 786
You had me feeling good about someone expressing their feelings for a firearm until you mentioned you removed a safety device that was made into the firearm for a particular reason. I’ll refrain from saying what I call that type of person to be polite and just block you to avoid reading about other F****** S***** 💩 you may do.

No.

I can't say they are all unreliable but I can tell you that a couple days after the Ferguson riots here in STL a cop's life was likely spared because the thug who pointed a Hi-Point at him from 15 feet away had his gun jam. He was subsequently shot by the officer, sparking more riots.

To Keystone 1925

You have the cart in front of the horse. Removing the mag disconnect safety allows me to dry fire the pistol with the mag still in. The Sccy can be dry fired with the mag still in. The Hi Pt has a manual safety and the Sccy only has an inertia safety. So, what is the difference? Absolutely none! Hi Pt only installs the mag disconnect safety 'cause they don't want you dry firing their pistols. Firing pin springs tangling up. You probably don't even own a Hi Pt 'cause you would know this. So I ask you - what's your beef?

To Keystone 1925

You have the cart in front of the horse. Removing the mag disconnect safety allows me to dry fire the pistol with the mag still in. The Sccy can be dry fired with the mag still in. The Hi Pt has a manual safety and the Sccy only has an inertia safety. So, what is the difference? Absolutely none! Hi Pt only installs the mag disconnect safety 'cause they don't want you dry firing their pistols. Firing pin springs tangling up. You probably don't even own a Hi Pt 'cause you would know this. So I ask you - what's your beef?
Hi pt and a sccy ...
now I found who buys them

I have used them at gun range for rental to see how they were and if all the bashing was true.

I’ll stop there because I dont want to lump them in with words I use for Pelosi again

I bought a Hi-Point 10mm carbine to go along with my XDm 10mm. I wanted that carbine handgun pair. My little carbine is reliable accurate and is a lot of fun to shoot. I took it hunting this season but was never afforded a shot. I like mine, can't hurt my feelings about it. Haters gonna hate on something, why not Hi-Points i guess.

Me, I own 6 of them. They take a lot of bashing. A lot of people do not like them. Cheap, unreliable, heavy and just too big. Then again, a lot of people like them, me included. I really like my .40 and .45. But, I really like my 9 carbine. Now, that is one nice rifle in my opinion. Shoots dead on and I have not had the first hiccup out of it. Hi-Pt probably has the best customer service dept. of any gun manufacturer. There guns come with a life time warranty. If you have a part that fails, they will ship you a new part. I have removed all mag disconnect safeties and replaced all sear springs (MCARBO). I really like my Hi-Pts. Do you own one?
Nope don't have a Hi Point, no need of one.

Mention removing any safeties around here? I do understand on removing mag disconnect. Likely another lawyer by pass? But, I also understand it may very well be a possible liability issue for you if an attorney gets wind of it too? Is your choice.

And, then also understand on ears popping up around this forum and likely any other good forum too. Keep in mind protection and safety are almost synonymous. Getting rid of a safety is almost like saying someone doesn't care about themselves and others around them to me.

Ears do pop up rather quickly when safety is concerned. Am sure you already know that, right? On mag safeties? Many people see it the same as you with good reason. Common sense and education is the best safety. Are many good people on this forum. Can almost guarantee safety is their number one concern, enjoy.

I've owned a Hi-Point CF-380 since the year 2000. It has been reliable, accurate, and fun to shoot. A lot of people disparage this gun saying it's ugly and not made well. It seems to me that most of the people bad-mouth Hi-Point have never owned one. There are a lot of videos on the Internet where the Hi-Point is torture tested and it usually survives some of the most brutal tests. I was disappointed that the gun didn't survive the 10 pound sledge hammer test that Kentucky Ballistics performed, but then I doubt any pistols would. If I owned a Hi-Point in a higher caliber I wouldn't hesitate to use one as my nightstand pistol.

The only negative I have about Hi-Point is it requires a tool to field strip it.

I own two Hi-Point pistols and two carbines (both in .45 ACP & .40 S&W). I bought the pistols almost a decade ago when I found them at my LGS for $109 each. They have performed flawlessly with ball ammo, but the 40 S&W JCP does not reliably run hollowpoints. To their credit, Hi-Point has updated the JCP and will upgrade existing JCP pistols for free if owners ship them back.

Hi-Point pistols are nothing special, but the carbines are awesome. They have limited capacity (originally to comply with the 1994-2004 AWB), but they are cheap, accurate, reliable, and just plain fun. In my opinion, the pistols are merely decent for the money, but the carbines are actually a great value.

Considering the current ammo availability and pricing situation, I really don't mind having to stop and reload after 10 rounds during a shooting session. It would probably save me a hundred bucks per session to reload 40 S&W mags after 10 rounds, as opposed to burning through 30 rounds of .223/5.56. This is pretty much just hypothetical, because I've limited my shooting until the ammo situation normalizes.

Yeah, we joke about @10mmLife and him owning Yeet Cannons, but like him, I’ve never held or owned one. I own firearms that range from low end to very high end in the cost spectrum, and each serves a purpose. If this firearm serves yours, the better it is for you. When it comes down to it, firearms are tools that should function reliably. You can own a Craftsman hammer, or Maxwell’s Silver Hammer (apologizes to the Beatles), they both are good at hitting things ;):)

Yeah, we joke about @10mmLife and him owning Yeet Cannons, but like him, I’ve never held or owned one. I own firearms that range from low end to very high end in the cost spectrum, and each serves a purpose. If this firearm serves yours, the better it is for you. When it comes down to it, firearms are tools that should function reliably. You can own a Craftsman hammer, or Maxwell’s Silver Hammer (apologizes to the Beatles), they both are good at hitting things ;):)
Agreed!

We all have our own favorite things and we respect them for being fun and reliable.

I don't own a Porsche but it doesn't mean my Mustang isn't fast or fun to drive.

Seriously, I too never shot one, but they way I look at it, if your satisfied with them, buy them and enjoy them. I know a few friends that have them and swear by them, yea, you need a tool for disassembly on them but, to me, that’s not a deal breaker. My Kimber Pro Carry needs a tool to take it down, that doesn't bother me, enjoy your guns no matter what they are while we still can.

I was at the local sporting goods store searching for ammo today and they had a Hi-Point 9mm for $179. They also had a Taurus G3c for $259. Both pistols are reliable and accurate, what more do you want in a pistol? I wouldn't hesitate to use a G3c for EDC. No luck finding ammo.

Here's a link to an honest review of the Hi-Point 9mm that was uploaded to YouTube in May 2019. It's worth watching because they run a variety of ammo through the gun. Besides, it has women shooting the gun too. :D

Back