testtest

Recent content by Cedric

  1. Cedric

    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

    One of the best anthologies I've seen. Each episode darker than the previous one. A well done movie.
  2. Cedric

    Execution approved

    Act Blue, purple haired nose ring types, and other usual suspects will be gnashing and weeping in 3, 2, 1 ....
  3. Cedric

    Undefeated American Recon Force in World War II

    This is a great article. IMO, the Pacific Theater has gotten short shrift in modern media and films. The largest battlefield in WWII since the war movies of the 50s, 60, and early 70s has been a somewhat rare focus of newer movies. 2005's "The Great Raid" is a rare exception though I believe...
  4. Cedric

    Scy Hegseth increases retirement goals for senior officers

    In WWII for a force of approximately 12 million we had four, four-star generals for the Army, George Marshall, Dwight Eisenhower, Douglas MacArthur, and Hap Arnold (USAAF). Late in the war and immediate post-war more four-stars were added such as Bradley, Patton, and so forth, but I stick with...
  5. Cedric

    Discussion: Capt. Dale Dye: The Battle of Guadalcanal

    I think this expands on it pretty well: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/marine-m1-garands-why-guadalcanal-marines-still-carried-springfields/vi-AA2bdTU3#details
  6. Cedric

    Discussion: Capt. Dale Dye: The Battle of Guadalcanal

    Contrary to popular belief, the Marines were not denied the M1s by some mysterious higher command. Marine lrsderhip felt the new rifle was not proven and issued them to support units rather than frontline troops for the campaign on Guadacanal.
  7. Cedric

    The US Army’s only air to air kill since WW2 was done with a .50 cal in Vietnam

    And yet, decades later, as the Army was looking for a replacement for the Mohawk, the AF offered up the A-10 despite its dogged adherence to the Key West Agreement.
  8. Cedric

    Holy cow .. 1985 Vest Demo

    Davis had been testing his vest on himself routinely. After having broken ribs over the years, he put a phone book behind the vest to test his handy work. There was an 8 hour video tape floating around in the 90s with all of his "self tests" recorded. I loaned it out to someone and haven't...
  9. Cedric

    Hegseth following Gen Marshall's pre WWII housecleaning

    We had a rotation in June one year. Reached 120F.
  10. Cedric

    Hegseth following Gen Marshall's pre WWII housecleaning

    Relying on simulations, paper analysis, etc. is not the same thing as performance in the La. Maneuvers. What about performance at the NTC, or for Marines at 29 Palms? Or don't we do that kind of thing anymore? I do agree however that we have way too many four stars hanging around and the...
  11. Cedric

    Comment On Inflation

    Good.
  12. Cedric

    Operation Chromite Target: Inchon D-day, 15 September 1950

    Thanks for the post. My Dad was at Inchon. Also recommend "Inchon Landing MacArthur's Last Triumph" by Michael Langley.
  13. Cedric

    Discussion: Late War Assessment of the Sherman Tank

    I didn't know Irzyk was an MG, I thought he retired as a BG. Anyway, Starry was the CG when I got to Ft. Knox as a youngun. Here is how we met: I was at the PX at the magazine rack and then I sensed a large presence next to me, and there was Starry looking at a magazine in his fatigues, B3...
  14. Cedric

    Discussion: Late War Assessment of the Sherman Tank

    Sorry, more myth and legend. If it was an infantry support tank, why was it the mainstay of armored divisions? "casualties frighteningly high?" Infantry KIA in the ETO from D-Day to V-E day: 120,000; armor crewmen: about 6,000. As one military historian put it: if you want a deathtrap...
  15. Cedric

    Did y'all see this bit about Bishops from the Catholic Church filing Amicus briefs supporting the ban of the AR-15?

    As a Roman Catholic, I agree with the video in that we've seen this before. Heck, in the 80s the USCCB wanted to unilaterally give up our nukes, but we still have them. The church hierarchy derives power from the left and typically forgets the rank and file. Note that the brief was "largely...
Back
Top