I haven't got a red dot for my carry weapon- yet. But I firmly believe it will happen. Why? I've only used a red dot on an M16, but I quickly realized it's a game changer. Before cataract surgery my vision was 20/400. It was all I could do to pass NBC qualification wearing the promask. With the...
I spent some time in M113s, but like SFC Ravencraft most of my time was in the M106A2 mortar carrier with the 4.2" mortar. Lots of good memories, but I'll admit it was all in training and we didn't get fired on. Cleaning he "slobberbox" and coming really close to throwing a track in deep sand...
What a great and well written article, made me smile and remember.
It was a blast shooting the M60 on the range. But at 5'7" and 135lbs on a good day, it was a beast to lug around, as I found while training in the hills of Pennsylvania. On the day it was my turn as M60 gunner I was wishing I...