testtest

Recent content by tapehoser

  1. tapehoser

    If you could only keep 3 firearms from your collection, which three?

    Glock 29 - 10mm, Marlin 1895 - 45-70 Gov't, and my BAR Safari in .243 Win or a 22 LR.
  2. tapehoser

    What’s a firearm everyone seems to love that just didn’t work for you?

    Sig P238.....an older model that was not ambidextrous. Every time I shot the pistol, my wedding ring (left-handed) would whack the slide release, and it would fall onto the ground. Also, not very accurate, and I am generally very accurate with my pistols. Even lost a shooting competition using...
  3. tapehoser

    Would you own a Taurus handgun?

    I do. A model 65 chambered for .357 Mag. Great, great gun.
  4. tapehoser

    I bought ammo in a caliber I don’t have a gun for?

    Me too.....303 British. The rifle never showed up at the gun store, so I sold the ammo.
  5. tapehoser

    Gun Forums of Yore...

    I was quite prolific on the old Guns and Ammo forum and even connected with a couple of those guys in real life. We used to have a concealed carry forum for Utah and was even a moderator, but that died off years ago. I also frequent the XD Talk forum, but not as often as this place.
  6. tapehoser

    How do you cycle your carry ammo?

    I don't cycle mine out very often. If I come across a really good deal on some outstanding SD ammo, then I'll buy it, hit the range, and cycle in the new stuff. Generally, I take out the SD ammo, set it aside, shoot the cheap stuff, then reload the SD ammo into the mags and go about my day. Bet...
  7. tapehoser

    Open Carry?

    I carry openly in the woods when we're out hiking. Other than that, since my state has a constitutional carry law, I carry....loosely. Mostly IWB, but if I have to carry OWB, I'll do it with a loose shirt over it and really don't care to hide it much.
  8. tapehoser

    What are you doing right now??

    I'm in Utah. Never seen a winter like this in my life. No measurable snow in my yard for over 12 months, and no measurable rain since October 2025. Let's just say we're in a bit of trouble for water this year.
  9. tapehoser

    What are you doing right now??

    Estoy leyendo mis escrituras en español para mantener frescas mis habilidades para hablar.
  10. tapehoser

    Whats your BIG Bore

    45-70, loaded with 300 grain Nosler Partitions, to about 2400 fps. They are......delightful.
  11. tapehoser

    How Loud Is A Gunshot?

    When my boys were young, I took them to the desert to teach them gun safety, how to shoot, etc. I let them shoot their 22's at some pumpkins. I failed to bring enough ear protection for myself, so I opted to just plug my ears with some .357 brass I found lying around. Once they were done with...
  12. tapehoser

    EDC Carry Positions - The Pros and Cons

    That was a garbage article with lots of AI input and too little human oversight. I carry my concealed firearm between the 6-9 position - AND I'M LEFT-HANDED. :unsure: 12:00 is dead-ahead. Straight in front of you. 3:00 is straight out to your right. 6:00 is directly behind you. 9:00 is...
  13. tapehoser

    WTF is happening in New York?

    This is the 2nd bullet item in the Communist Manifesto. 1. Overthrow of capitalism 2. Abolition of private property 3. Elimination of the family as a social unit 4. Abolition of all classes 5. Overthrow of all governments 6. Establishment of Communist order with communal ownership of property...
  14. tapehoser

    Well well well……

    I want this, but the compact version. For the compact model, I wonder if Springfield sells a magazine with the pinky extender?
  15. tapehoser

    What have you bought firearms related in the last 48 hours?

    Dinosaurized shoulder holster for my "weekend" carry rig. Me likey so far.
Back
Top