testtest

Search results

  1. C

    The Tomahawk – The Origin and Future

    I knew of men who used them in the Vietnam Conflict. There were custom versions make strictly for killing. Properly used, they scared the hell out of the Vietcong and the NVA soldiers alike. With good training and proper tactics, the Army Rangers and Sat Cong could, and did, routinely frighten...
  2. C

    Opinions? Comments?

    The Bersa TPR9 Series is a full-sized framed handgun. The XT version is their "competition" edition. I have watched people shoot them and they are a "soft shooting" piece regardless of the load used. They are reliable, accurate and come with 5 magazines.
  3. C

    Opinions? Comments?

    I own this pistol. The TPR9XT is .75" longer in slide/barrel.
  4. C

    Opinions? Comments?

    I already have the TPR9. I believe the TPR9XT can fit most of the SIG holsters. I have four Bersa pistols, (2 Thunder 380's, a Thunder .32 and a TPR9) they all run just fine. I could come to enjoy the TPR9XT even more than my Browning Hi-Power clone.
  5. C

    Opinions? Comments?

    For a "full-sized" carry piece, this seems as if it is a viable unit.
  6. C

    Full size concealed carry.

    Are you better off carrying a larger handgun under your jacket/coat or a smaller piece? I think that the larger the piece is, the easier more controllable (and accurate) the response. (And people wonder why I almost always wear a sport jacket.)
  7. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    Why? Aren't 10 rounds enough?
  8. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    I keep watching videos about the Bersa TPR9XT. It keeps looking better and better. (A longer barreled version of the TPR9 with adjustable sights is very appealing.)
  9. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement... Did I mention shot placement?
  10. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    The Walther was designed to function with the hot European 7.65mm Browning loads. They were built to launch the 71-grain FMJ projectiles at about 1000 fps. These yielded about 157 foot-pounds of energy. Focus this on a .312" diameter area, and it penetrates better than the 9mm Browning (.380...
  11. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    I love my Bersa Thunder .32. I can do the many only wish they could do with their Walther PPK in .380. I have two Thunder .380's and a Thunder .32. Talk about a SCORE! My Thunder .32 has no lock hole on it. I'm certain that it was made for the home market.
  12. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    I have been considering buying one of these. This is their full-size 9mm pistol. I believe the Argentinian military carried these. DA/SA action, alloy frames, 5"-barrel, smooth DA, 17+1 magazine capacity, less recoil than the TPR9 with a 4.25" barrel (due to greater slide/barrel mass) and...
  13. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    People forget that the founders of Bersa used to engineer firearms for Beretta. Bersa makes some great pistols. (I have four of them and not one has missed a beat.) They work for me.
  14. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    Bersa is offering AR-15 rifles as well as handguns. Their army gets great service from them and They have some great 1911 pistols that come from their US plants.
  15. C

    I bought a CZ 83 and really like it.

    BTW, this pistol is built to take it. CZ really did it right. I want some "uber" loads for this pistol. I know that it can digest loads that equal the 9x18 Makarov. It can ruin some miscreants' entire afternoon.
  16. C

    I bought a CZ 83 and really like it.

    I just wish that i had one in 7.65 Browning. Opinions? Comments?
  17. C

    Discussion: Fascinating Failure: The .45 Winchester Magnum

    I would like to see the Auto Mag (the modern/newer iteration) chambered for the .45 Winchester Magnum cartridge. Using either an eight-or-ten-inch barrel, would make an excellent deer/black bear hunting handgun.
  18. C

    Discussion: AR-10 Origin Story

    Great writeup. I wish the US Armed Forces had adopted both a select-fire AR-10 and the M16
  19. C

    What’s a firearm everyone seems to love that just didn’t work for you?

    I am careful not to buy anything I am certain that I won't like. DARNED CAREFUL!
Back
Top