testtest

Search results

  1. fordag

    Discussion: 10mm vs. .40: Was the FBI Wrong (or Right) About This?

    This to me was the greatest failing of the 1986 Miami shootout. The FBI agents at the time simply did not train for an actual gun fight. They were not prepared for the encounter with Platt & Matix. Two agents lost their primary sidearms before the gunfight even started. Leaving one with a...
  2. fordag

    Discussion: Hellcat Pro Upgrades from Apex Tactical

    Loks nice. Just don't drop it during fall out in the woods.
  3. fordag

    Discussion: M1A: Too Outdated for Self-Defense, or Best Bug-Out Gun Ever?

    I'd have two sidearms, one for small game, a Ruger MkIII 22/45 with a red dot. I'd also have my EDC pistol a 1911A1 in .45 ACP.
  4. fordag

    Discussion: M1A: Too Outdated for Self-Defense, or Best Bug-Out Gun Ever?

    I agree and I think many folks do nottake "Bug out"scenarios this seriously. .308 is still the most common cartridge sold in the US today. The cartridge is also much more effective than the 5.56. You need three 5.56 rounds when one .308 will do the job. As evidenced in several AARs from the...
  5. fordag

    Discussion: M1A: Too Outdated for Self-Defense, or Best Bug-Out Gun Ever?

    Practice practice practice, like anything until it becomes second nature.
  6. fordag

    Discussion: M1A: Too Outdated for Self-Defense, or Best Bug-Out Gun Ever?

    For smaller game I would use my Ruger MkIII with a red dot. It's small enough to stow in a pack with little bulk or to carry in a chest holster. So I still don't see a need for a second rifle caliber.
  7. fordag

    Discussion: M1A: Too Outdated for Self-Defense, or Best Bug-Out Gun Ever?

    Another note on bug out guns, as it applies to taking folks with you. If your bug out plan includes more than just you, those accompanying you need to also be armed and they need to be armed with a weapon firing the same cartridge as yours. Preferably the same exact rifle. Why would you...
  8. fordag

    Discussion: M1A: Too Outdated for Self-Defense, or Best Bug-Out Gun Ever?

    I always find the topic of "Bug Out Guns" amusing to consider. The idea that the choice is between the M1A or the AR-15 is, to me, bizarre. Neither would be going with me. I'll be taking a bolt gun or lever gun. Bugging out is an absolute worst case scenario. I find most people planning to...
  9. fordag

    USPS spied on pro-gun protestors

    It doesn't have jurisdiction over any of what is mentioned in the article that it's been doing. It's like the IRS handing out traffic citations.
  10. fordag

    Anyone carry a Mil-Spec 1911? If so let’s talk about the pros and cons

    I have carried my Springfield Mil-Spec as my EDC for a few years now. I put on average 100 rounds through it every week, plus running classes and taking classes with it which can end up being several hundred or a thousand rounds during the class. I carry Chip McCormick magazines exclusively so...
  11. fordag

    Discussion: ALPS OutdoorZ Extreme Ghost 20 Review — Off-Body Stealth Carry

    Same here. It's adding a number of things to go wrong that can result in you losing your gun.
  12. fordag

    Discussion: Manual Safety or Not: Too Dangerous To Carry?

    It's super simple. A trigger is  not a safety.
  13. fordag

    Discussion: Ayoob: Is It Time to Retire the 1911?

    Why? Because he wrote the article that Springfield paid him to write?
  14. fordag

    Discussion: Ayoob: Is It Time to Retire the 1911?

    Why? What kind of 1911 do you have? That a 1911 needs to be "tuned" to be a carry gun is a myth. I have a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec that has been my daily carry gun since 2020. I fire between 50-100 rounds through it weekly and I've used it in several classes. During one of those classes...
  15. fordag

    Discussion: Ayoob: Is It Time to Retire the 1911?

    I started shooting a 1911 when I was maybe 14 or so. It was a Singer M1911A1 at the local National Guard unit. They let me shoot it because no one wanted to be issued a "sewing machine". I shot it once or twice a week for 3 or four years. When I turned 21 the first gun I bought was a used...
  16. fordag

    Discussion: Cop-Killer Bullets: Gun Control Lie or Actual Threat?

    The Black Talon story is a lesson in bad marketing. They gave the round a stupid name and it got a lot of negative press. Now it's the Ranger T-series, using the exact same bullet minus the name and the black coating, which was pointless. No issues.
  17. fordag

    Discussion: Cop-Killer Bullets: Gun Control Lie or Actual Threat?

    Teflon coated "cop killer" bullets were the major plot point in Lethal Weapon 3. I remember laughing in the theater when Mel Gibson shoots through the steel bucket of a front end loader with them.
  18. fordag

    Discussion: Cop-Killer Bullets: Gun Control Lie or Actual Threat?

    I think I still have a box or two of Federal Nyclad .38
  19. fordag

    Best .357 Magnum Revolver Buyer’s Guide (2022)

    How else does one buy the right holster?
  20. fordag

    Best .357 Magnum Revolver Buyer’s Guide (2022)

    My opinion is that no matter what you're shooting it is never acceptable for your gun to decide on its own to stop shooting and lock itself.
Back
Top