testtest

Search results

  1. fordag

    Discussion: Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 Review

    Reliability. Not all magazine manufacturers have mastered the art of making a reliable 8 rnd flush magazine. Which is why I stick to Chip McCormick magazines.
  2. fordag

    Discussion: Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 Review

    Yes that appears to be a short trigger.
  3. fordag

    Discussion: Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 Review

    I only carry Chip McCormick magazines so I don't care how many mags they include with the gun.
  4. fordag

    Discussion: Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 Review

    SA has multiple 1911 pistols with front slide serrations. Also humidity does not render the rear slide serrations ineffective. Edit. Yes I sure did misread that, however SA does also produce several 1911s with front strap serrations.
  5. fordag

    Discussion: Don’t Do These Things with Your 1911!

    Is anyone else bothered by the article header photo that claims to be a "press check" but is in fact a gross misrepresentation of a proper press check? The press check should sue for lible.
  6. fordag

    Discussion: Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 Review

    Yes, that is true, but I find the rear sight to be the most reliable with a properly designed rear sight. It's very easy to miss with the ejection port. The ejection port also can require an awkward twisting of your hand.
  7. fordag

    Discussion: Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 Review

    It's one simple reason. The Novak rear sight does not work for one handed slide manipulation. It's a nice smooth ramp that slides right off of your belt or boot or whatever you might press the rear sight up against to rack the slide with only one hand. My personal view is that I carry a gun...
  8. fordag

    Discussion: Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 Review

    I admit to a specific prejudice against the Novak rear sight.
  9. fordag

    Discussion: Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 Review

    I remember when it was first introduced. I thought it was a bad idea then and I still do.
  10. fordag

    Driving with a Handgun: Best Practices

    In my state the best practice is to hand the officer your driver's license and your LTC together with your registration. Have them out and ready by the time the officer gets to your door. As soon as they run your driver's license they will know how many guns you have registered to you in the...
  11. fordag

    Discussion: Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 Review

    Looks like a nice 1911. I am particularly thankful for the absence of the forward cocking serrations. However that useless Novak rear sight will be replaced as soon as I get one of these. Novak sights simply do not belong on combat handguns. I wish they would use the same rear sight they...
  12. fordag

    Driving with a Handgun: Best Practices

    I'm familiar with both and what I said equally applies to both. The Vulcan mounts you link to are sold under various names. I would not trust any magnet mount in a car. Physics will win every time.
  13. fordag

    Driving with a Handgun: Best Practices

    The M1911A1 pistol fully loaded with 8+1 rounds weighs approximately 2.86 lbs. In a 20 mph single vehicle collision with an object the pistol will incur an impact force of 116.6 lbs. 116.6 pounds of force. Already double what your magnet is "rated" to hold. That rating is bare magnet to...
  14. fordag

    Driving with a Handgun: Best Practices

    Do you think it's going to even remotely retain your weapon in the event of a car accident? It's not.
  15. fordag

    Driving with a Handgun: Best Practices

    They are worse than worthless.
  16. fordag

    Driving with a Handgun: Best Practices

    1986 FBI Miami shootout https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout "...The initial collision that forced the suspects off the road caused some unforeseen problems for the agents, as the FBI vehicles sustained damage from the heavier, older car driven by Matix. Just prior to ramming...
  17. fordag

    Armed Robot Dogs

    That certainly looks like a supressor sticking out of the turret on the robot dog.
  18. fordag

    Armed Robot Dogs

    Yes these have been in developement for a couple of decades.
  19. fordag

    Armed Robot Dogs

    Remeber the police are the civilian market. This is not something that they need.
  20. fordag

    Combat Shotgun Basics with Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch

    Right arm of the free world. Wouldn't it be awesome if Springfield started making them?
Back
Top