testtest

Search results

  1. Snake45

    The Great Escape at 50

    The McQueen character, Virgil Hilts, was the only 100% fictional character in the whole movie. Everyone else was either a real person, or a composite of real people. The producers thought they needed an American superstar or the movie wouldn't sell here, so, The Cooler King was born. ;)
  2. Snake45

    the price is fine but!

    You beat me to it. I was gonna say it might be more attractive if someone's toddler hadn't scribbled all over it.
  3. Snake45

    More Taxpayers bailing out student debt

    That must be his "eclipse cure"--sacrificing nearly half a trillion dollars. :oops: I prefer the way the Ancient Tribes did it--they'd throw the leader into a volcano to make the Sky Dragon stop eating the sun. Maybe THAT would work. ;)
  4. Snake45

    Whatcha Watching?

    I've gotten into that in the last month or two. I recorded last night's and tonight's and hope to watch them later. I find he wastes a lot less time on TV than he does on the radio.
  5. Snake45

    😭 I need to buy a new gun... so sad

    I wanted to think so, too. Then my kid bought one and I was somewhat less-than-whelmed. Long story short, I wouldn't swap my old .22 Diamondback (or my Smith 17 either, for that matter) for THREE of the new ones.
  6. Snake45

    Solar Eclipse…..

    Gotta love a Jim Steinman song! Even if it's NOT being done by Mr. Aday (that's Mr. Loaf to most of you). ;)
  7. Snake45

    Whatcha Watching?

    Since my last report, I finished Citizen Kane. Greatest Film of All Time? I don't see it, though I do recognize that there were a number of then-groundbreaking cinematic techniques seen for the first time here. Also wrapped up the TWD sequel The Ones Who Live with Rick and Michonne. Overall, a...
  8. Snake45

    Discussion: Story of the Flying Tigers

    I suppose so--I haven't read it again in about 60 years or so, but I still have it and even know where it is. Back in the day, of course, I didn't know that the P-40 in the cover painting isn't a Flying Tiger, either, but a much later airplane. :LOL:
  9. Snake45

    DEI TEAM

    What's that sound I hear in reply? Crickets? Figgers. ;)
  10. Snake45

    powerful pain

    Sorry to hear of this. Getting old ain't for sissies, that's for sure. By odd coincidence, I just realized it was two years ago today that I had my stroke, so there's that....
  11. Snake45

    Discussion: Story of the Flying Tigers

    I too was introduced to the Flying Tigers by that Landmark/John Toland book when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I too still have mine. ;)
  12. Snake45

    Discussion: Story of the Flying Tigers

    Most of the photos in the article are NOT AVG P-40s, they're later 23 FG (and other unit) airplanes. The nice color lead photo, however, IS of real, actual AVG P-40s.
  13. Snake45

    5 Reasons to Check Out the Rost Martin RM1C 9 mm Pistol

    It must have been when you were kissing [him].... ;) :LOL:
  14. Snake45

    Do you agree

    Provided you see more than just the skinny, naked barrel. If that's all you see, it COULD be a P.38...or a Nambu 14...or even a Lahti L-35. And let's not forget the Ruger Standard .22 automatic. Were these guns inspired/influenced by the Luger? I'd wager that they were. ;)
  15. Snake45

    Do you agree

    But when you see a Llama or Star in a movie (and they're in there all the time, shooting 9mm blanks), you THINK 1911. Which makes the 1911...wait for it...iconic! ;)
  16. Snake45

    DEI TEAM

    You are correct. And it happens when racists run the government, the education system, the unions, and corporations chasing $$$ controlled by the government---and so forth. :oops:
  17. Snake45

    DEI TEAM

    My daughter works at a federal agency and had EXACTLY the same experience, so I know you speak the truth. ;)
  18. Snake45

    Discussion: Paper Targets Can Kill You

    It's an even huger mistake to NOT think about the court case long before the shootout occurs, and to take every reasonable measure to AVOID/PRECLUDE the damn shootout in the first place. ;)
  19. Snake45

    i knew this was going to happen

    Well, last year we had a movie about Cocaine Bear, so why not Fentanyl TB Aliens? :eek:
  20. Snake45

    Do you agree

    Yah, I can see the Luger as "iconic"--the iconic "bad guy" gun. A Luger seems to be movie shorthand for "This Guy Is Evil." Even in WWII movies (where P.38s should be more common), the possession of a Luger brands a character as "Extra Nazi." :eek: Only movie good guy I can think of with a...
Back
Top