testtest

Search results

  1. fordag

    Armed Robot Dogs

    Yes these have been in developement for a couple of decades.
  2. fordag

    Armed Robot Dogs

    Remeber the police are the civilian market. This is not something that they need.
  3. fordag

    Combat Shotgun Basics with Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch

    Right arm of the free world. Wouldn't it be awesome if Springfield started making them?
  4. fordag

    Combat Shotgun Basics with Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch

    Thanks for posting this great video. The shotgun has always been my go to longarm for defensive purposes. I have an M1A and Scout and and FAL, I'll even admit to an AR (but it's in .300 Blackout). However all of those are going to be left in the safe if I have to grab one long gun to deal...
  5. fordag

    Discussion: Review: Springfield M1A Tanker

    Before I bought my Scout I did a bunch of research and saw several forum posting in various places stating that the 16" Socom just wasn't quite reliable. The muzzle being too close to the gas port, while the Scout seemed to be just far enough away to work reliably. I can say my Scout has never...
  6. fordag

    Should I carry a spare magazine

    Cleaning and maintaining my weapons is relaxing for me. Also it means if I need it I'm not worried about it functioning because I know it will.
  7. fordag

    Should I carry a spare magazine

    I have three Berettas, two work just fine, the Cheetah has some issues, not sure if it's magazine related or not yet.
  8. fordag

    Should I carry a spare magazine

    My personal experience has been the following: ETS: I've owned two Glocks, neither one worked. So I'm a bit biased. Mec-Gar: I have had bad luck with their aftermarket magazines for 1911s. McCormick: The magazines I carry daily in my 1911 and have for 25+ years. Metalform: They seem to work...
  9. fordag

    How to sharpen your knife

    I bought mine back in the early 90s, it was cheaper then. However I'd buy another if I had to replace it. Also it's been doing a great job for almost 30 years, so more than worth the price.
  10. fordag

    How to sharpen your knife

    I've been using the Sypderco Tri-Angle sharpener followed by a leather strop since the 90s and gotten great results. https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/204MF/Tri-Angle-Sharpmaker-reg-/77
  11. fordag

    Can Browning's Masterpiece Be Surpassed?

    I did some time in a MI unit in the military and that unit was a complete and utter charlie foxtrot. At Battalion, Brigade, Division level it's not the government but the military making use of their military intelligence units.
  12. fordag

    Can Browning's Masterpiece Be Surpassed?

    I personally prefer the weight of a steel frame gun. I'd be happy if S&W would go back to making them like this again. Forged steel frames, high polish blue. No stupid lock. Technically no gun could/should be rated for +P+ since there is no SAAMI standard for it. SAAMI only recognizes +P.
  13. fordag

    Can Browning's Masterpiece Be Surpassed?

    I see your S&W 66 and I raise you a S&W 13 3"
  14. fordag

    Can Browning's Masterpiece Be Surpassed?

    Excellent point, I shall stick to my 1911 then.
  15. fordag

    EDC &CCW

    Liberal now seems to mean: "Sit back and let the government do everything for you [badly], after all we know what's best for you."
  16. fordag

    Can Browning's Masterpiece Be Surpassed?

    If only they made the Hi Power in a single stack .45 ACP, then it would be the finest pistol ever created.
  17. fordag

    Can Browning's Masterpiece Be Surpassed?

    Hey you! I'll have you know I served in Military Intelligence when I was in the Army. To say Military Intelligence is an oxymoron is an insult to hardworking decent oxymorons everywhere. MI is a complete and utter Charlie Foxtrot.
  18. fordag

    Armored backpack

    Those are some ridiculously priced backpacks By any backpack you like and put a Tactical Scorpion level IIIA body armor soft plate in it, look on Ebay. They are surprisingly inexpensive. A 10x12 rectangle is $60, buy three and they are only $55 ea. They are also very effective. I purchased a...
  19. fordag

    Can Browning's Masterpiece Be Surpassed?

    Unfortunately you lose me with three items: polymer frame scandium slide proprietary trigger -My personal preference is for all metal frame guns, preferably steel, but I do like my P220. -Again I prefer a nice steel slide. I look forward to seeing the recoil system you would have to invent to...
  20. fordag

    Should I carry a spare magazine

    Yup right at the front of the base plate. Were you doing reloads at slide lock prior to this? Letting it fall to the ground during reloads? How many reloads through the magazine would you estimate?
Back
Top