testtest

Search results

  1. C

    Ruger Celebrates 250 Years of American Liberty

    I'd like to see that pistol in 9mm. The low recoil of the cartridge would make the pistol both accurate and fun to shoot.
  2. C

    I have a 1991 7" Longslide Javalina.

    This was one of the later pistols and is a wonderful specimen. I wish someone would build an 8" 10mm Longslide and a 10" Longslide chambered for the 10mm Magnum. That would arrange for the capability to reach out to 120 yards to hunt either deer or hogs. Using the original Norma load (1400 fps...
  3. C

    I have a 1991 7" Longslide Javalina.

    I purchased it back in the day, and the pistol is worth over $2400.00! Can you believe it?
  4. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    I hope you have a forged Trunion. That will give it the lifespan you're paying for.
  5. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    I hope it turns out okay. I'm not certain they are of decent quality.
  6. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    Forged or cast trunion?
  7. C

    A Guy Used a Machine Gun in a Self-Defense Shooting

    Nice. I think the 3-round-burst function has its place. A good triple-tap often does a bad guy a world of good! Beautiful furniture on it.
  8. C

    A Guy Used a Machine Gun in a Self-Defense Shooting

    The rifle does have a safe, semi, 3-round, and full-auto settings
  9. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    Which model is that?
  10. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    If I were a man of means, I'd like to have a hand-forged M2 (select-fire) version of the Carbine with a properly manufactured folding stock. A 12" barrel would make it amenable to clearing hallways or VietCong tunnels. (God help me, that takes me back to Johnny Semm's tales out of Southeast Asia).
  11. C

    A Guy Used a Machine Gun in a Self-Defense Shooting

    John Semm (my friend, the retired gunsmith and Vietnam Veteran) knew Al Mar, and I have known about him for many years. After Al passed away, I wonder where that rifle went?
  12. C

    A Guy Used a Machine Gun in a Self-Defense Shooting

    Six well-placed 5.56 rounds ruined a $*!thead's afternoon. Nicely played.
  13. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    I was sworn in on 7/19/73. I remained stateside.
  14. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    My retired gunsmith friend told me how the ball propellant fouled up the rifles in Southeast Asia. (He was there). I learned the story secondhand, but watched yet another explanation on YouTube. The ball propellant was a cluster**** that shouldn't have happened (the DOD was trying to go cheaper...
  15. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    I knew this as a part of military history. Daddy told me stories. I never understood the "Frozen Cho Sin" stories completely until recently. Gummed-up M1 Carbine actions due to the extreme cold, Incomplete/poor propellant combustion (another cold-weather-induced problem). Improper use of M2...
  16. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    A .30 Carbine Version would be effective, with less muzzle blast.
  17. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    I was at the Public Outdoor Shooting Range in Oregon's Tillamook Forest. Some young'uns were shooting a 7" barreled AR-15. It was annoyingly loud. I saw the pistol as, more or less, pointless.
  18. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    Not a real fan of the Krinkov (AK pistols). In 7.62 x 39, there's too much loss in velocity from a 9" barrel. Controllability can be an issue. Accuracy? What accuracy?
  19. C

    Discussion: Should I Put Optics on My 1911 (or Not)?

    The 1911 is a close-range combat weapon. JMB would likely not have approved of putting optics on the pistol.
Back
Top