testtest

Search results

  1. C

    Discussion: 10mm for Self Defense: Is It Too Powerful?

    I wish someone would replicate the "original" 170-grain Norma FFV loads. (1400 fps from a 5" barrel). 740.04 foot-pounds from a 5" Delta Elite would "settle someone's hash" in a hurry.
  2. C

    I have a 1991 7" Longslide Javalina.

    I gave her up for Lent.
  3. C

    Discussion: 10mm for Self Defense: Is It Too Powerful?

    I have been shooting the 10mm for 35 years. Properly loaded, it eclipses and sometimes exceeds the .357 Magnum in performance. Handloading for the pistol makes it even better.
  4. C

    I have a 1991 7" Longslide Javalina.

    The Original Norma loads were as quoted. (That was in 1983). I have owned this pistol since 1991.
  5. C

    I have a 1991 7" Longslide Javalina.

    This was a stock photo, not my pistol.
  6. C

    I have a 1991 7" Longslide Javalina.

    Most people think of the .45 AMT "Hardballer" (another 7" longslide). This played the starring role in the film "The Terminator". This pistol is identical. It is, however, chambered for the slimmer, more powerful 10mm Auto Pistol cartridge.
  7. C

    I have a 1991 7" Longslide Javalina.

    I love the thing. It was my first 10mm. It was a later pistol, so IAI (formerly AMT) had the all-stainless pistol worked out. (no "galling" here). It has "hunting model" etched on the side. You KNOW it is quite the long-range deer, pig, and even bear, handgun. She's accurate at long ranges and...
  8. C

    Ruger Celebrates 250 Years of American Liberty

    I'd like to see that pistol in 9mm. The low recoil of the cartridge would make the pistol both accurate and fun to shoot.
  9. C

    I have a 1991 7" Longslide Javalina.

    This was one of the later pistols and is a wonderful specimen. I wish someone would build an 8" 10mm Longslide and a 10" Longslide chambered for the 10mm Magnum. That would arrange for the capability to reach out to 120 yards to hunt either deer or hogs. Using the original Norma load (1400 fps...
  10. C

    I have a 1991 7" Longslide Javalina.

    I purchased it back in the day, and the pistol is worth over $2400.00! Can you believe it?
  11. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    I hope you have a forged Trunion. That will give it the lifespan you're paying for.
  12. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    I hope it turns out okay. I'm not certain they are of decent quality.
  13. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    Forged or cast trunion?
  14. C

    A Guy Used a Machine Gun in a Self-Defense Shooting

    Nice. I think the 3-round-burst function has its place. A good triple-tap often does a bad guy a world of good! Beautiful furniture on it.
  15. C

    A Guy Used a Machine Gun in a Self-Defense Shooting

    The rifle does have a safe, semi, 3-round, and full-auto settings
  16. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    Which model is that?
  17. C

    Any Krinkov owners? Talk to me

    If I were a man of means, I'd like to have a hand-forged M2 (select-fire) version of the Carbine with a properly manufactured folding stock. A 12" barrel would make it amenable to clearing hallways or VietCong tunnels. (God help me, that takes me back to Johnny Semm's tales out of Southeast Asia).
  18. C

    A Guy Used a Machine Gun in a Self-Defense Shooting

    John Semm (my friend, the retired gunsmith and Vietnam Veteran) knew Al Mar, and I have known about him for many years. After Al passed away, I wonder where that rifle went?
Back
Top