testtest

Search results

  1. toxophilus

    M&P9 Ammo

    I recently tested 124gr HSTs that I reloaded in my M&P Shield 9mm 1.0 with Power Pistol, they grouped well out of the pistol as well as the convertible cylinder in my Blackhawk from 20 yards out (the flyers were ALL me).
  2. toxophilus

    reloading questions/advice if you would please?

    Yes; it will pull 9mm, I recently pulled 400+ 9mm because I didn't like the powder that I had initially loaded in them. RE: Lead bullets, I've pulled those as well and the collet will leave a line around where it wraps around the bullet... besides I'd hope you'd wouldn't be 'over crimping' them.
  3. toxophilus

    reloading questions/advice if you would please?

    Incorrect; I have the .45 ACP collet and the 35 caliber collet which pulls 9mm/.357/.38... NOTE: the 35 caliber collet works great for pulling SWC shaped bullets as well from .45 ACP cases
  4. toxophilus

    reloading questions/advice if you would please?

    Yep, we knew that one; I decided to go the route of the RCBS bullet puller using the press to pull bullets. It's worth the investment to me plus here is a link on where it turned out to be dangerous to use the shell holder. You may have to look at the archived version of the article.
  5. toxophilus

    How much have you done to your revolver?

    Latest has been updating the trigger return spring & hammer spring on my 1989 King Cobra, much smoother and still reliable ignition ;) Also have done simple spring kits on my Single-Six; as well as grip/sight changes on various Rugers...
  6. toxophilus

    What a wonderful morning on the range

    Monday I loaded and tested Power Pistol powder, this time with my first generation S&W Shield 9mm & Blackhawk w/convertible 9mm cylinder; that M&P 3.1" barrel is really accurate (15 yards). Loaded these test cases up using 124gr HST blems from American Reloading.
  7. toxophilus

    Shelf life?

    Had to dig into my 'stash' when the plandemic hit to develop .308 loads for my Son's rifle... this old stuff still worked! As others have stated; as long as you keep it well stored!
  8. toxophilus

    who buys from Missouri Bullet Co.??

    I heard from a cowboy action shooter this past week that Chey cast bullets had closed down (Announcements). Bought out by Choice Ammunition... I've been buying from American Reloading as they seem to have both new & pulled bullets in stock in the calibers that I use.
  9. toxophilus

    Pistol primers $5.99/100, limit 1K at Sportsman's WH

    Thx much for the heads up, picked up a brick at my local Sportsman's Warehouse!
  10. toxophilus

    Pistol chest rigs

    I highly recommend the Diamond D Guides Choice, I've had mine for years and it still looks/works great; for synthetic I also have some Denali chest holsters, one of which I used during Elk bowhunting (A.K.A. camping with weapons) this season which is also comfortable & more importantly quiet...
  11. toxophilus

    Score!

    Scored 700 .38spcl cases from my local gun club member for $100... time to get busy!
  12. toxophilus

    Am I the only Revolver Guy left?

    Latest acquisition during the last week of August... ...later that same day as some things can't wait!
  13. toxophilus

    Am I the only Revolver Guy left?

    My well loved 5" GP-100 :cool:
  14. toxophilus

    Warren; One Hole Range Report

    I've been itching to get outside to test out these Warren rear aperture sights... finally, it was nice enough to get out and play! Started out with the 7/32 rear sight on the Single-Six 5.5" barrel and the 9/32 on the Gov't 6 7/8" barrel. Initial sight in was done at 20 yards. Both were easy...
  15. toxophilus

    What’s your Favorite Reloading Press?

    Dillon 550 & an RCBS rock chucker are my go to... ;)
  16. toxophilus

    Am I the only Revolver Guy left?

    No, you're not the only one left... ;)
  17. toxophilus

    Recommendation for EDC belt?

    Here's an article on different belts; Gear review gun belt roundup
  18. toxophilus

    THE EDC KNIFE

    I have plenty of pockets... ;)
  19. toxophilus

    Best concealed carry hostlers? Preferably the waist band

    I prefer the types of holsters that retain the opening in order to re-holster without having to struggle with a holster that has collapsed around the mouth. The example(s) below are the Milt Sparks Excecutives Companion rigs, I like these as they have a wider footprint that molds across my...
  20. toxophilus

    Recommendation for EDC belt?

    I've been using the Galco brand since 1998; had to buy a smaller size in 2016 due to weight loss. Galco SB2-38H Sport Belt has been a daily user and is still in use today.
Back
Top