testtest

Search results

  1. Anchorite

    Discussion: Ayoob: Should You Always Get Off the X?

    Yep. Once a Boy Scout, always a Boy Scout.
  2. Anchorite

    What is a decoppering agent, and why does it matter?

    Cleanliness is next to godliness, they say. I don't know about more consistency. Lots goes into competitive shooting. So, lots to work on. Barrels foul because they have imperfections that scrape the copper off bullets. This is nothing new, and very typical of factory barrels. A lot of...
  3. Anchorite

    Discussion: Ayoob: Should You Always Get Off the X?

    I think this says it best. As a civilian, you're not under any legal duty to be a hero and thus FOFO. Law enforcement is a different animal. Statistically, I would submit all of us are more likely to die in an auto accident than be involved in a gunfight. Thus, practice avoidance first...
  4. Anchorite

    Discussion: Combat Index: Dots, Irons or Point Shooting?

    This is Gospel. I daily carry a Colt Agent, 38 Spl., so that is a point shooting proposition at best. I know dots are in my future (age). I am not one to go less than compact in an auto, so for me, irons on the compacts, dots for full size pistols. Irons for the revolvers.
  5. Anchorite

    Do You Get Your Gun Back Or Not?

    I don't think one can put a price tag like that on a life. Carry what you feel comfortable with, I always say. Comfortable in using, and comfortable in losing.
  6. Anchorite

    Do You Get Your Gun Back Or Not?

    True. Here in South Alabama it all depends on who the arresting Agency is. I have negotiated the return of some handguns over the years. Upon return some looked as if they had been attached by chain to the bumper of a cruiser and repeatedly drug down a gravel road. Others were returned...
  7. Anchorite

    Do You Get Your Gun Back Or Not?

    Exactly. This mirrors my experiences as both a prosecutor (many years ago) and a defense lawyer. Carry accordingly. The use is a decision with life-altering consequences. And like @KillerFord1977 states, the firearm should be the least of your concerns.
  8. Anchorite

    Ad Council- lock up your guns

    Gun control has always been, to some extent, an effort to legislate responsibility.
  9. Anchorite

    Do You Get Your Gun Back Or Not?

    He said that if your firearm was confiscated, you will very likely see it again? Huh?
  10. Anchorite

    I pledge allegiance

    .
  11. Anchorite

    I pledge allegiance

    I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
  12. Anchorite

    Discussion: Why Consistent Ammo is Accurate Ammo

    It's easy to get good cases, bullets, powder and tools to assemble them. But the hardest thing is getting good, uniform primers. Primers vary quite a bit across several lots; some much more than others. For ranges of 200 yards or less, there's not much difference between primers, like about...
  13. Anchorite

    Now Illinois Thinks It’s Firearms Manufacturers Who Pull the Trigger

    Gentle Readers, a reminder .... Socialism: You have two cows. Give one cow to your neighbor. Communism: You have two cows. Give both cows to the government, and they may give you some of the milk. Fascism: You have two cows. You give all of the milk to the government, and the government sells...
  14. Anchorite

    The younger workplace void

    Remember the tariff checks? Haven’t seen mine yet. Oh, and where’s my Trump phone to call and check on my tariff checks? There are roughly 245 million adult citizens which means $1.225 trillion in checks—about 3.8% of current $32.5T GDP. That would add the full amount to the already $2T+ FY2026...
  15. Anchorite

    Discussion: Why Consistent Ammo is Accurate Ammo

    Yes, deburr and square the pocket.
  16. Anchorite

    Discussion: Why Consistent Ammo is Accurate Ammo

    I don’t know about serious long range shooters today, but I shot competitive benchrest for a number of years back in the 90s. If it was a match no one loaded beforehand, you loaded at the match because conditions always changed and you had to adapt. And we loaded with an arbor press and hand...
  17. Anchorite

    The younger workplace void

    Ya think!?
  18. Anchorite

    Now Illinois Thinks It’s Firearms Manufacturers Who Pull the Trigger

    The voters don't get a say to the legislation. Its not like it goes out for "public comment," so most folks won't bat an eye until it gets out of committee and on the floor (hopefully for debate) and before the guv'ner signs.
  19. Anchorite

    Now Illinois Thinks It’s Firearms Manufacturers Who Pull the Trigger

    Maybe, but probably not. A firearm is one of those things generally considered inherently dangerous. But ... to apply the logic .... isn't a fork a dangerous instrument because it could lead to obesity? A pencil ... to mis-spelling? Asking for millions of firearm owners......
Back
Top