testtest

Search results

  1. FNFAN

    Time for a discussion on performance enhancers

    About to begin taking creatine after quite a bit of research -If obtained from the right source i.e. Creapure, the lab tested German stuff, seems to be a fabulous both for strength gains and probably more importantly, maintaining cognitive function as you age. Also Vitamin D3 which biologists...
  2. FNFAN

    New Purchase Reflection....maybe?

    I've been out of the Glockosphere for a couple of years now. Prior to that I recollect that the engineer that brought out the Stiker Control Device (safety mechanism for holstering Glocks) did a run through on aftermarket triggers and found 1 (as I remember it) out of 5 or 6 that didn't effect...
  3. FNFAN

    The 1911 and Glock shared a “What The Hell Is This” moment

    I'm a 1911 fan through and through. That said, if I were forced to pick a handgun to use for extended periods in harsh environments I'm 100% going with a Glock.
  4. FNFAN

    FedEx found...??? my bullets from August....!!!!!!

    I'd rather deal with FedEx than UPS. I once got a smokin' deal on a 35" TV through Amazon. Tracking said it was received by the hub in my city in Colorado.... and then sent to El Paso, TX........ for some reason not even UPS could discern.
  5. FNFAN

    Ayoob Writes About the Guns of a Great Writer

    Between this article & the tomahawk vs. hatchet we're getting some good stuff up in here! It seems I have somehow skipped over any reading of "Blood Meridian" and plan to remedy that soon. I've used the Anton Chigurh "If the rule you followed" quote several times in conversations and it never...
  6. FNFAN

    UF Pro Gear discussions

    It's actually on the low end/cheap gear for the quality. The Propper ICE polo's are like $30.00 on sale & sometimes cheaper with a GovX discount. They're $44.00 catalog price. Nowhere near as spendy as the Arc'Teryx stuff (which is great quality). I liked the 5.11 stuff until I found Propper...
  7. FNFAN

    UF Pro Gear discussions

    "Tactical" is just a phase. When you transcend it you come out on the other side and are "Covert" 🤫 As @BassCliff mentioned, Propper makes some good stuff. Their polo's wear like iron and wash/dry perfectly. They have fabric under the collar points that holds them in place. I probably have 10 or...
  8. FNFAN

    If you could only keep 3 firearms from your collection, which three?

    Springfield Professional Glock 22 with .22 conversion kit Winchester Model 12 with field & riot barrel assemblies
  9. FNFAN

    THE REVOLVER RENAISSANCE IS A PLINKER BOOM IN DISGUISE

    I inherited one of the first handguns I shot. The actual first was a H&R break top that shaved lead and had as much side flash from the cylinder as it did from the muzzle. I don't recall what happened to it. Dad & his steel mill co-workers traded guns & musical & fishing equipment like sorority...
  10. FNFAN

    Well doesn’t this just Grind your gears.

    As long as there is no Federal bailout given for any of the resulting issues I agree it's their problem to deal with.
  11. FNFAN

    Well doesn’t this just Grind your gears.

    Save the major part of the loathing for the people that voted him in. I know you've heart the Parable of The Scorpion & The Frog! He's an Islamist just doing Islamist stuff.
  12. FNFAN

    TATE ADAMIAK PARDONED AT LAST!!!

    Good News! Larry Vickers also released that he has been sentenced with 1 year probation and a $500 fine. Excellent outcome as he could have been sentenced to prison time. Hopefully he can petition to have his firearms rights restored after completing probation.
  13. FNFAN

    What are you doing right now??

    Double checking my loadout for a pistol class with the folks from TacticalHyve tomorrow morning. Looking forward to getting my EDC X9 filthy and savoring burnt powder smoke in the air. I had to cancel out on a class from Chuck Pressburg earlier in the year due to food poisoning so I'm really...
  14. FNFAN

    Replaced my carry ammo today

    I can't remember where I saw the article, but it was about spare ammo riding in vehicles for long periods and the vibration causing the little 'anvil' component in the primer to degrade to the point the round wouldn't fire. Might have been reference to a military use situation, but as you say...
  15. FNFAN

    Discussion: What Are Your Training Scars?

    My scar wasn't from bad training it was from bad management. We had a chief investigator that came from the feds. He mandated 147gr rounds for all carrying 9mm. One morning at the range a guy was shooting some and you could see the bullet going down range, it was going so slowly. Shooting it at...
  16. FNFAN

    Replaced my carry ammo today

    If you read the ammo makers info, they pretty much universally say, "store in a cool dry place." If you are in LE working in say, Vegas, your ammo is riding in 115 degree weather sometimes, sometimes it will be in rain showers, sometimes in a gun box in the trunk at 145 degrees if you're doing...
  17. FNFAN

    Discussion: Blend or Bleed: Will You Make the Right Choice?

    Probably isn't going to work for me. 6'5" and at my skinniest post divorce I was 220 lbs. Usually float at around 250 depending on whether I've been going hard at the weights or at pasta and garlic knots. Son & I just got back from a week in Boston walking around doing touristy things. Two city...
  18. FNFAN

    Discussion: Ayoob: Is Open-Carry Irresponsible (or the Right Move)?

    I think open carry is great for rural environments or on your property. For out and about among the general population I would inquire on what retention level the holster they carry is and when their last handgun retention training certification was completed. I'm one of those people who think...
  19. FNFAN

    Severe Drought

    I just watched a YT from a father/son fishing channel. He said they're up to 3 bodies recovered. Personally, I'm surprised there aren't more.
Back
Top