Success: The Arcfire V2 trigger system, it now works as advertised. Super Safe.
Here is my update and the steps that I took to get my Smith and Wesson M&P Sport II to properly run the Arcfire V2 Super Safety trigger system.
I used an H3 Tungsten Buffer with the stock buffer spring. I polished...
It turns out I have a semi auto bolt carrier. As usual I went on this adventure without full knowledge of what was required. I have ordered a full auto bcg and will update when I get some range time next week.
I'll do a little more polishing tomorrow or before Monday anyway. I won't be able to test fire again till next week. Thank you for the help. I'll keep an eye on this post until I get things figured out and then post a paragraph on the steps to help the next guy.
It's a Smith and Wesson M&P15...
Here it is. I just polished the curved part on the back of the trigger where you illustrated and put it back together. There is still binding, but it's a little better.
Yes I have the stock buffer and an H2 rattler as well as the H3 I put in today. I have had the same results with all three buffers. The three round burst I got came after I loosened the Safety selector screw to reduce the binding on the reset lever.
I tried holding the hammer down and did have some binding. I loosened the screw holding the safety lever on and it freed up the reset lever. It fired three quick ones after that and then went back to semi only where the trigger resets but will not continue to run. What will I have to do to...