testtest

10 Low-Recoil Defensive Handguns

An interesting article thanks for sharing. I noticed it is over 4 years old and now Ruger has come out with their 5.7x28 pistol. I think it would be a better choice than the FN 5-7 since it is considerably cheap than the FN and every bit as reliable if not more so. Just my opinion of course.

I’ll add my Beretta 81 to that list; 12+1 rounds of .32 is pretty healthy capacity, very low recoil, and it's a freaking laser, accuracy-wise; using cheap PPU FMJ, I could hit the 6”, 50yd gong offhand 10 out of 12 times.

I'm a little surprised to see the Browning Black Label .380 on the list. My father picked one up when he started to get concerned that the couldn't effectively handle his full-size 1911 anymore. The Browning has a polymer frame, which doesn't soak up much recoil, and it's a pretty snappy little gun. The all steel Rock Island Baby Rock is a much softer shooter, and usually sells for about half the price of the Browning. Needless to say, the Baby Rock is definitely preferred in our family.

Back