testtest

Urban Carry’s LockLeather Hybrid OWB Holster

Bought defective OWB holster past Thursday. Urban Carry contacted me on Tuesday and said gun frame dents/damage was my fault because retention screw was too loose, lol! They didn’t even ask to send in holster for review, made their decision on my remarks and pictures provided. They said gun was going to forward, freakin losers. Once you pass retention clips, the trigger front guard hits the grommet. Anyway, stopped by Ace Hardware today and added another grommet spacer, holster works fine now BUT unnecessary damage already occurred. I assume the leather holster pattern was cut to small or retention clips were placed wrong position. Anyway, I’ll be sharing my experience on several website platforms and hope they enjoy the free advertising!

20221029_171921.jpg

I prefer Kramer Leather fitted holsters.

I don't like the idea of a retention device that works by being inside the trigger guard.

A review from Active Self Protection.

Last edited:
I purchased this holster for an EMP after reading about it on the Armory Life website and it sucks. First, it doesn’t offer complete coverage of the trigger … there’s a noticeable gap that could be trouble in an odd circumstance. Secondly, even on the lowest retention for the “lock” mechanism it began eating through the cerakote on the trigger guard in only a couple of days. The “lock” is just cheap plastic with rough edges that will chew up your gun. I know any holster will cause wear over time but this one is just crap. Oh, and their magazine holders are almost as bad. The Chicago screws are too long and you can’t get enough retention to hold EMP mags.

Wow, glad I learned the downsides of this holster maker. The holster looks nice enough but I had my doubts about the locking mechanism.

I'll stick with the top tier makers: Kramer, Sparks, Rosen, Alessi, Grizzle, Nightengale, Bulman, Rafter, TT Gun Leather and my newest discovery, Privateer Leather.

I like mine. It's my favorite holster. The locking mechanism is the same as most every Kydex holster.

Yeah, I have lots of kydex holsters as well and none have a trigger guard lock like the Urban Carry and I’ve never had any holster, kydex or leather, that caused damage so quickly. All that aside, the lack of adequate trigger protection ought to discourage anyone from buying this. I actually destroyed mine … I’d rather eat the cost than have someone else use an unsafe holster.

Yeah, I have lots of kydex holsters as well and none have a trigger guard lock like the Urban Carry and I’ve never had any holster, kydex or leather, that caused damage so quickly. All that aside, the lack of adequate trigger protection ought to discourage anyone from buying this. I actually destroyed mine … I’d rather eat the cost than have someone else use an unsafe holster.
That's a fair criticism. I was talking about how you tighten the screw to clamp the tensioner.

Mine covers the entire trigger and everything except a small piece of the trigger guard. This was a thing on youtube for a while so I enjoyed it when one moron tried to demonstrate it and couldn't. Apparently, he doesn't know how to edit. Anyway, youtube reviews operate on a herd mentality.

How much of your trigger guard was exposed?

The only portion of the trigger that was fully covered was the front ahead of the “skeleton” portion of the trigger. I’ll say I don’t think I could jam a finger in there but any small-diameter object could get wedged in the skeletonized portion of the trigger.

Just a follow-up: after sending Urban Carry‘s support some photos I got a condescending email lecturing me about the intricacies of holster wear in which they informed me KIMBER firearms (of which I own none) were known for poor finishes. Not only is this holster unsafe for many firearms, the company is a joke. Springfield should remove or update their write up on Armory Life to save others the trouble!

Just a follow-up: after sending Urban Carry‘s support some photos I got a condescending email lecturing me about the intricacies of holster wear in which they informed me KIMBER firearms (of which I own none) were known for poor finishes. Not only is this holster unsafe for many firearms, the company is a joke. Springfield should remove or update their write up on Armory Life to save others the trouble!
Post it up. It does sound like bad customer service.

Back