testtest

Trijicon TA31 ACOG Review: The Never-Fail Combat Optic

At $1,550.00 it better be that good, what about shooting at night or limited lighting without a battery source for the reticle? I really like my Sig Sauer Sierra3BDX optic for half that cost.

You can get them on sale for about a grand. As far as combat optics they are without rival.
I mostly agree, if you’re someone whose brain can wrap around the 3x magnification through one eye and zero magnification in the other…mainly when going “CQB”. Some people can, some people can’t.

Me? Doesn’t bother me. I shoot even high power scopes with both eye open, my brain just puts the image together (and it helps tons with eye fatigue)…but that doesn’t work for everyone.

I mostly agree, if you’re someone whose brain can wrap around the 3x magnification through one eye and zero magnification in the other…mainly when going “CQB”. Some people can, some people can’t.

Me? Doesn’t bother me. I shoot even high power scopes with both eye open, my brain just puts the image together (and it helps tons with eye fatigue)…but that doesn’t work for everyone.
With my mild M.D. in my left eye I’ve been practicing shooting both eyes open for a year now and feel very confident doing so with my scoped rifle, red dot 10mm handgun and iron sight guns.

ACOGs have a tritium lamp for low/no light.
That’s what I was wondering but that must be a very bright tritium lamp as I have my first tritium front sight on my new Emissary and although I can see the little light at night as my Emissary sits on my night stand it’s not very bright.

With my mild M.D. in my left eye I’ve been practicing shooting both eyes open for a year now and feel very confident doing so with my scoped rifle, red dot 10mm handgun and iron sight guns.
Try it with a low magnification scope some time…say at 2-4x. If your brain puts it together, you can probably do higher magnification with no issue. If it doesn’t…keep trying. Your brain will probably learn to make a cohesive image.

That’s what I was wondering but that must be a very bright tritium lamp as I have my first tritium front sight on my new Emissary and although I can see the little light at night as my Emissary sits on my night stand it’s not very bright.
It’s not…it’s just enough to illuminate the reticle, and not very brightly (so as not to disturb night vision).

Try it with a low magnification scope some time…say at 2-4x. If your brain puts it together, you can probably do higher magnification with no issue. If it doesn’t…keep trying. Your brain will probably learn to make a cohesive image.
The scope I have on my M1A is
4.5-14X44 and although I’m right eye dominate with no issues in my right eye except for astigmatism corrected by glasses leaving my left eye open even with M.D. gives me better depth perception. It works for me so when I find something that works I build on that.

Back