testtest

Hawker Hurricane: The Heart of the Coming Storm

Some of my earliest memories as a child growing up in England are sitting on my Dad’s lap as he drew Spitfires and Hurricane’s. Both my parents lived in London during the Blitz and experienced the Battle of Britain firsthand. Thankfully they are still with me and coming round for Christmas tomorrow.

Some of my earliest memories as a child growing up in England are sitting on my Dad’s lap as he drew Spitfires and Hurricane’s. Both my parents lived in London during the Blitz and experienced the Battle of Britain firsthand. Thankfully they are still with me and coming round for Christmas tomorrow.

Enjoy the time lost dad two years ago, miss him every day.

British eh? That explains some things. :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

Great article. Took a lot of courage to fly on a daily basis knowing that your chances of living through the war was about zero.

The Hurricane, like the P-47, always seemed to be a second class citizen of sorts, being overlooked in deference to the sexier Spitfire and Mustang.

Nice to see the old girl being given some love. I remember reading many years ago that the Hurricane was in actuality the star of the Battle of Britain.

WWII was the coming of age for air power and there were a lot of amazing planes on both sides of the conflict. The bravery of those who served in the air forces cannot be trivialized. Thank God they were willing to risk their lives to defend freedom.

Back