testtest

Tsar Tank: Russia’s Secret WWI Weapon?

as in anything else, there has to be a starting point. no advancement in artillery, ammo, vehicles, training, etc, could ever happen with out trial and error. sadly too, deaths of many, to make it all happen for the furthering of advancements.

motorsports help make advancements in auto safety, tires, brakes, engine development, oils, etc too.

failure is needed for success.

WD - 40, comes to mind..the inventor tried many times...39 until # 40 was the winner, in "water displacement"

It's not a secret that the Russians got their asses kicked in WW1 using something like that.
It's also no secret that Nicholas II, while from an early age enamored by the pomp and pageantry of the military even to the point of constantly dressing the part, he was virtually inept when it came to strategy. He took advice from his German wife and her Psychic Rasputin, not only where Alexei was concerned but in ALL matters.

After the revolution, or at least after the Bolsheveiks took over, those in charge of the former Russian empire were not interested in fighting WWI anymore. In fact the war with Japan and WWI were catalysts that precipitated the revolution. "Russia" very soon ( within a year) sued for peace under very unfavorable terms, particularly with Germany.

It's also no secret that Nicholas II, while from an early age enamored by the pomp and pageantry of the military even to the point of constantly dressing the part, he was virtually inept when it came to strategy. He took advice from his German wife and her Psychic Rasputin, not only where Alexei was concerned but in ALL matters.

After the revolution, or at least after the Bolsheveiks took over, those in charge of the former Russian empire were not interested in fighting WWI anymore. In fact the war with Japan and WWI were catalysts that precipitated the revolution. "Russia" very soon ( within a year) sued for peace under very unfavorable terms, particularly with Germany.
Oddly enough Rasputin advised Nicholas II NOT to get involved in the conflict between Serbia and The Austro-Hungarian Empire, of course Nicholas being the incompetent buffoon that he was didn’t listen to him, if he had World War I may have never happened. 🤷‍♂️

Oddly enough Rasputin advised Nicholas II NOT to get involved in the conflict between Serbia and The Austro-Hungarian Empire, of course Nicholas being the incompetent buffoon that he was didn’t listen to him, if he had World War I may have never happened. 🤷‍♂️
That's true. It's also another one ( of many) examples of Nicholas' ineptitude as a leader.

Since the Great War is part of era my own amateur historian research into the armaments of the late 19th and early 20th Centuries, I appreciate the article. I'd read a little about the Tsar Tank before, buy you managed to catch all of the main points about the tank.

Thank you for a well written, enjoyable and informative article on a little known or mentioned "tank."

Spectacular article. I spent most of my life earning a living but my spare time was devoted to family and history. From early in my adult life, my focus quickly migrated to WW2 in the Pacific. I gave scant attention to the Great War and never saw anything like the "tricycle tank" and never read a word that mentioned this magnificent machine. Thanks for a captivating summary of a rare weapon.

Back