testtest

Nazi Tactical Failure: Zf-41 Scope

A great article Doc. Thank you.
I've always been perplexed by Hitler's obsession with the 98K. His insistence that if it was good enough for the Great War soldier, it was good enough for his Blitzkrieg troops, especially considering the many advances Germany took into battle, seems awfully myopic in hindsight. I can just imagine the what ifs, had Germany started the war with Stg.44's and Gewehr 43's (though it would've required working the "bugs" out of the later war gun designs many years before).
You're spot on though, a long relief with a small diameter tube would have been more hindrance than help on the battlefield for any but the most practiced of rifleman.
We've come a long way in the last 80 odd years of optics development from those early scopes like the ZF-41.
For amateur historians, like myself, I appreciate the work and research you do to write these articles.

A great article Doc. Thank you.
I've always been perplexed by Hitler's obsession with the 98K. His insistence that if it was good enough for the Great War soldier, it was good enough for his Blitzkrieg troops, especially considering the many advances Germany took into battle, seems awfully myopic in hindsight. I can just imagine the what ifs, had Germany started the war with Stg.44's and Gewehr 43's (though it would've required working the "bugs" out of the later war gun designs many years before).
You're spot on though, a long relief with a small diameter tube would have been more hindrance than help on the battlefield for any but the most practiced of rifleman.
We've come a long way in the last 80 odd years of optics development from those early scopes like the ZF-41.
For amateur historians, like myself, I appreciate the work and research you do to write these articles.
The best German optics seem to have been reserved for the Lafette tripods they used for their MG34s and MG42s. Those fetch thousands on the open market now.

Another interesting article by The Armory Life. I noticed that not many folks press the “Did you enjoy this article” thumbs up and I suspect they just didn’t get to that or may have simply not bothered which is rather disappointing because the writer did a nice job and I would be willing to bet that more people than the number display read the articles. Please keep the articles coming. Thanks…. 🙌🏼

Another interesting article by The Armory Life. I noticed that not many folks press the “Did you enjoy this article” thumbs up and I suspect they just didn’t get to that or may have simply not bothered which is rather disappointing because the writer did a nice job and I would be willing to bet that more people than the number display read the articles. Please keep the articles coming. Thanks…. 🙌🏼
TBH, I totally missed the "Did you like..." until you said something.
Thank you, I'll make sure I hit that response too from now on.

Back