testtest

Review: Mk3 Firearms Custom 1911 DS Prodigy

Wow! They really knocked it out of the park with this custom Prodigy. With all of the performance upgrades, the custom metal work and the beautiful hand grip this Prodigy looks every bit like an exotic custom work of art, which it is of course. That goes to show that if you have enough money, enough technical knowledge, and a vision, you can improve on any design. Outstanding!

Is it expensive, yes. Is it cost effective, no. But it sure as hell looks and shoots good, and that's what's important.

Just one minor observation. With all of the improvements they made on the SA Prodigy design, I'm surprised that they chose to stay with the original SA two piece guide rod.

I live in Las Vegas and have used MkIII for several projects. They did great trigger jobs on a couple of old school S&W DA/SA pistols, and an older Browning HP. They also converted a older AR15 A2 with carry handle into a right on clone of Colt XM177e2. Price reasonable, time a few months as you would expect, workmanship excellent. What I like is they do not sell guns, they do not transfer in/out for customers, they concentrate on just gunsmithing.

With the light and optic being removeable accessories, the price without them of this firearm (MSRP $1499.00 and mods $2735.00) is $4234.00 plus. While this did turn out very nice looking, I am with @SimonRL on this one. A budget like that is going elsewhere.

Back