testtest

How Far Can You Push an XD-M Elite 10mm?

Dagnabbit Mike, I can't afford to buy another one at this time. :ROFLMAO: I did just install dots on them yesterday.

20230326_152943.jpg

Love the Video. Thank you.

I recently got the lil sister of the Springfield Armory XDm Elite 3.8" Compact 10mm OSP.
S A XDm Elite 10mm Compact  A1.jpg
S A XDm Elite 10mm Compact  A2.jpg

Pix show original 10mm mag and 16rd 10mm mag with sleeve. I removed the cumbersome "flared magwell" as it did not even fit my smaller female hands.
I am waiting on Tritium suppressor heights sights so I can co-witness.
I am leaning towards the Holosum HE508T-GR-x2 green Dot sights Circle/dot
Unfortunately HEX does not have anything like that.

Maybe in the future you can do a comparison between the full size 10mm and compact 10mm

Sigh.

Everyone is so focused on in-your-face, spray’n’pray shooting at 10 feet or less that they get amazed that someone can get hits at longer ranges.

Pathetic.
Easy, they are completely ignorant and watch too many gangster movies of endless rounds from any firearm.

The good part is, this is what all street thugs do, while normal people to defend yourself know placement is key.

I wouldn’t get one, but…10mm belongs in longer barrels.
I have the first 10mm 5.25 XDm and it shoots smooth with the longer barrel & extra slide weight. Just would like a spare in the same 5.25 length.

Regarding the article banging steel the size of a large door at longer ranges is just entertainment, but some call it effective range. :whistle:

Agreed.

Consistently hit an 8” gong at 100 yards, and we’ll talk.

Have always been interested in longer range handgun practice, I hunt a lot with handguns.

Follows is an excerpt of the book I read recently, been reading more again since retiring, called Gun Digest Book of Survival Guns by Scott Wagner I thought interesting on this subject.

"Anyone out there think they don’t need long-distance handgun competency? Listen to this. I have a friend, Brandon Moore, who was a deputy at the nearby Morrow County Sheriff’s Office. He was ambushed by a marijuana grower who began shooting him with a 5.56mm AR-15 from around 70 yards. Brandon, working plainclothes but wearing soft body armor and carrying a full-size Smith & Wesson M&P .40 with two spare magazines, was shot through the thigh and scrotum. The AR rounds blew out part of his testicles, then passed through the left leg, blowing away a chunk of tibia and causing that leg to be permanently shorter than the right. A final round from the pot grower penetrated the armor, slowing down, but taking out his spleen and collapsing a lung before its travel stopped. Severely wounded, Brandon couldn’t make it back into his car to retrieve his AR, so he went to war with his M&P. In a rollover prone position with the gun in his right hand, and while clutching his scrotum with his left, Brandon returned fire, with multiple rounds and reloads, from a laser-measured distance of 64 yards, across a span of time that went at least 10 minutes. I was guarding Moore’s assailant when the doctor came in to deliver the news of the guy’s condition. Brandon’s .40-caliber rounds had struck the shooter twice in the soft armor he was wearing, causing severe bruising, while the rest of the rounds had shattered the man’s right heel and totally pulverized eight inches of tibial bone in the same leg. His right foot was being held to the rest of his leg by some remaining flesh and a stainless steel rod. The assailant was forbidden to put any weight on his right foot until the doctors could figure out what they were going to do to permanently fix it; the rod was merely keeping the foot from flopping around. Whatever they figured out, the shooter was destined to be indisposed for a long time. Brandon, one of the most courageous men I have ever met, required multiple surgeries but returned to the job before eventually retiring. Recently, I taught an extended-range handgun class, with shots fired out to 100 yards, with Brandon’s assistance. The class, Brandon included, fired the “Brandon Moore Drill” from the same distance as had been measured in the actual firefight, and in the same position, including holding their crotches. Brandon beat everyone and agreed that it was much easier to do when you aren’t bleeding out. In any event, the lesson here is that the handgun can be effective at long range is one important to understand, and being capable with a handgun at extended distances is a skill set you should be ready to use should the need arise. Handguns for survival use in societal disorder situations have the same basic requirements that rifles and shotguns do. The characteristics of reliability, ruggedness, portability, simplicity, effectiveness, and sustainability are just as critical. "

So…I’ve been asked before how to get good at long range shooting with a handgun.

The answer is simple: soda cans and a .22.

Start shooting at soda cabs with a .22 at 25 yards—or closer of you can’t make consistent hits at 25. When it’s no longer a challenge, move it out 10-15 yards.

Repeat. Pretty soon you’ll be at 100 yards, and that’s fairly challenging…

But fun.

I think it’s impressive when someone can be accurate shooting a handgun out to 100 yards but that’s not what I carry to do, I practice at distances between 25-100 feet max. Could I be accurate at longer distances? Yes with practice, I’d rather practice at closer distances to be proficient.

I think it’s impressive when someone can be accurate shooting a handgun out to 100 yards but that’s not what I carry to do, I practice at distances between 25-100 feet max. Could I be accurate at longer distances? Yes with practice, I’d rather practice at closer distances to be proficient.
Why not both?

In my experience, the better you are at long distance means you are MUCH better at close distance…

I shot silhouette for years, learned a lot from the seasoned shooters there on shooting at that distance, shot .22’s at 25…50….75….100 yards, then went to big bore…50…..100….150….200 yards. Used a TC Contender for 22, Remington XP-100 in .335CJMK for big bore, like Hans said, why not both, you should practice shooting both, just my thoughts

I shot silhouette for years, learned a lot from the seasoned shooters there on shooting at that distance, shot .22’s at 25…50….75….100 yards, then went to big bore…50…..100….150….200 yards. Used a TC Contender for 22, Remington XP-100 in .335CJMK for big bore, like Hans said, why not both, you should practice shooting both, just my thoughts
Correction, .338CJMK…. I think I need my glasses when I type a post anymore….😬😬

I don't use optics of any kind & was wondering if you shot any of these targets with just the open sites on the handgun?
I usually shoot a Kimber 1911 full size in .45ACP and a Smith & Wesson compact M2.0. Tom

hi. do you have a mag extender on your mags ? XDM 10mm only hold 15 rounds not 16. .40 cal holds 16 though, i have both. never understood why they dont hold the same. mine are pre-optic models.

Back