testtest

The Chengdu J-20 "Mighty Dragon" — China’s Top Stealth Fighter?

Hmmmm, notice the date.... :confused:

Most of the info mentioned in the article jives with everything I've read about the J-20. The ChiComs still lack the technology to produce efficient jet engines for their fighter aircraft and rely on the Russkies for those engines. There is a recent article detailing a German Typhoon fighter with an F-22 "kill" marking on it. The problem with that is the incident is regarding a visual "knife fight" type dogfight. The F-22 was not designed to do that. The F-22 is basically a sniper that will drop the enemy without the other guy ever knowing it was there to begin with...;)

The CCP may have lacked tech yesterday, but sure to have gained much more over the past two years. Thinking of the time there was a 3 world powers boat race to recover a new F-35 that went down in the So. China sea back in January ‘22. Top secret as to who really fished it out or how much was recovered in total.

Oh, and again remind me again about The Balloon that loftly traversed from coast to coast…at what, 60-70 mph over a period 8 days.

CCP doesn’t really need high-tech and speed. And again, our military isn’t keeping up or rebuilding to meet future defensive needs as much more is being shuffled out the back door.

Why would the ChiComm's need to borrow any tech? Slo Joe, Hunter and the DNC communists would gladly supply them with whatever they might need. It's amazing what a couple of billion US dollars can buy from those DNC members. They must all get 10%.

Politics aside, one needs remember something. In the 1920's virtually all aircraft had two wings, even though single wing aircraft had been produced. In the 1940's most aircraft had single wings. Why? They were faster. Fast forward... Today, virtually every fast military aircraft looks like every other one. Why? Aerodynamics for one, and face it, we Americans haven't been exactly secretive about our fastest air-superiority designs. Enter China. The look at the news (from all over). They talk to their "friends" in Russia. They decide, "Hey, we can do this too!" So, their aircraft look like Russian aircraft which look like Swedish aircraft which look like American aircraft. No, it isn't the result of espionage or dirty deals, its the result of this darn atmosphere imposing its restrictions on things. "You wanna go reeeal fast?" it says, "well then you gotta design your planes just so...or I'll either melt them, drag them, or make them tumble; 'cause that's what I like to do."
Maybe there were spies. But please, blame the atmosphere and the iron-hard rules it imposes on high maneuverability at supersonic speeds. That's the real design driver, not politics or national interest.

Lockheed needs to keep all the tech compartmentalized in several EMF shielded SCIFs with no WAN connectivity. And all devices must be audited while doing information import and exports. They can connect the SCIFs with fiber over a secure LAN. All physical connections must have two person integrity.

As I read most of the article and skimmed some, I was intrigued by the comparison of J22 vs F22 and their equality factor. I was once told that a certain vehicle would out perform another based on various capabilities, yet the “lesser” vehicle beat the favorite by a wide margin due to the skills of the operator.
As long as the US Forces can train the better pilots, we can always hope the platform, in its entirety, including the pilots will come out ahead.

As I read most of the article and skimmed some, I was intrigued by the comparison of J22 vs F22 and their equality factor. I was once told that a certain vehicle would out perform another based on various capabilities, yet the “lesser” vehicle beat the favorite by a wide margin due to the skills of the operator.
As long as the US Forces can train the better pilots, we can always hope the platform, in its entirety, including the pilots will come out ahead.
Its all about tactics and employment of power.
Ukraine is showing that to the Russians

Back