testtest

Flat Trigger vs. Curved Trigger: Which Is Better?

AMAZINGLY well thought-out and detailed report. If I'd been assigned to write it, that's pretty much how I'd have gone about it.

That said...

Personally, I think flat triggers are ugly--a real eyesore. I wouldn't buy a gun that had one if I couldn't change it out. That's right, I said it. :eek:

AMAZINGLY well thought-out and detailed report. If I'd been assigned to write it, that's pretty much how I'd have gone about it.

That said...

Personally, I think flat triggers are ugly--a real eyesore. I wouldn't buy a gun that had one if I couldn't change it out. That's right, I said it. :eek:
Depending on the gun I am exactly the opposite. Particularly HKs. That big hook of a trigger has to go first thing.

That said I don’t have a problem with curved triggers in general. Like on S&Ws, ARs, etc.

Meh, not one of my many biases. I have both and do not mind either. Maybe it has to do with one of my first loves, traditional black powder rifles. I have had many rifles with both curved and flat triggers on the same rifle. One for the trigger and one for the set trigger.

Now textured trigger faces, those I dislike.. . But if I really like the handgun even that's not a deal breaker. But I have been known to polish the trigger face smooth..

Last edited:
Easy, everyone must try both triggers and then decide for themselves.

I have tried both.
I myself preferred curved trigger over straight

I perfer my triggers like I prefer my women....
Yes, I bet you do LOL
1683025651395.png

Some shooters have adopted straight triggers in their 1873 Winchester clones and really like them. If you have ever rammed the trigger tip through your finger while making a speed run, it is a really good reason. I think it spoils the aesthetics on this classic and while it may have other benefits besides safety, I'll pass. It's $50 online.

It depends on the firearm and in this case, it depends on the stock. The M14/M1A trigger is designed to be pulled in more of an upward direction. The original trigger design is not user friendly when a pistol grip is used. The M14 EBR trigger shoe is wider & longer, with more surface area. The steel M14 EBR trigger shoe is designed with the correct angle required to direct the trigger pull more to the back than up. With the shoe installed the tip of the trigger can no longer stab the tip of your trigger finger. The trigger pull feels natural & lighter with the USGI M14 EBR shoe installed.

Attachments

• ts.3.jpg
    ts.3.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 85
  • ts.4.JPG
    ts.4.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • ts.5.JPG
    ts.5.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
  • ts.6.jpg
    ts.6.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 89
  • TS-BF.jpg
    TS-BF.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • GenItoII-d.JPG
    GenItoII-d.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 91
The controversy over flat vs curved triggers has gone on for years and will continue to go on. It depends so much on the type of firearm, but mostly it's a matter of preference of the shooter.

On the 2011 platform one manufacturer that I know of has come out with a novel solution, a modular trigger shoe. Bul Armory has a modular trigger shoe on some of their products that allow you to simply switch out the shoe of the trigger to either a flat or a curved face. With this system the trigger has a removable shoe held in place by a simple hex screw. The face of the trigger can be changed out to whichever choice is best for you.

You can also opt for a thicker shoe that adjusts the trigger's position so that you can effectively adjust the placement of the trigger to make it fit where you like to place your trigger finger. By adjusting the trigger placement, you can adjust the length of pull to better obtain a position where you can place your finger exactly where you need to in order to allow for the length of your finger so that you can obtain a straight back pull of the trigger and reduce or eliminate pulling back at an angle and pulling the gun off target.

It's available in short, medium, and long, as well as several colors. It would be nice if other manufacturers would adopt this system.

BUL Armory modular trigger shoe.jpg

Back