testtest

Is Using a Carry Gun for Competition a Mistake?

It’s fine as long as you don’t mind the gamers immediately dismissing what you brought along and being told - You can’t win with that. I don’t care who you are, if you join a competition, regardless of your level of preparation (or lack thereof), there is a part of your brain that says I might show some people something today, so you have to be prepared for the folks who seem to revel in telling you otherwise in the kindest way possible.

It’s fine as long as you don’t mind the gamers immediately dismissing what you brought along and being told - You can’t win with that. I don’t care who you are, if you join a competition, regardless of your level of preparation (or lack thereof), there is a part of your brain that says I might show some people something today, so you have to be prepared for the folks who seem to revel in telling you otherwise in the kindest way possible.
The gamers are playing a game. It can be a foot race. I saw the same dynamic in CAS. To me it is fun but serious business as well. My focus has always been putting full power loads in the middle as quickly as I can. Winning a match was never of interest to me but making all solid hits was. Slow but sure. Shooting your service pistol inspires confidence in what you carry. It's like your prom date. You are going home with the one you came with.

"You need to take your time in a hurry." Wyatt Earp
They have BUG matches a few hours from me that sound fun. I don't know the rules about calibers or number of rounds, but one participant was telling me about his .380 he was using. He was really excited about them and his enthusiasm was catchy.

Using a gun like the Hellcat Pro for friendly competition with your buddies sounds like a good idea. Like Hayes said, you can get a lot more familiar with handling your weapon that way.

Using a gun like the Hellcat Pro for friendly competition with your buddies sounds like a good idea. Like Hayes said, you can get a lot more familiar with handling your weapon that way.

I use my carry guns for competitions all the time. Usually against a couple robots who are shooting at me with laser tag guns while I'm running my nads off.

Also in friendly competition with other students while we're doing drills relentlessly.

Back