testtest

Springfield Operator vs. Garrison — Battle of the 9mm 1911 Pistols

And yet neither has checkering on the front strap! I sort of get it on the Garrison but come on with the “Operator” name? Sad just sad

Yeah, I don't get that in this day and age. I mean, if you're trying to reproduce a version of the 1911 that is super-purist traditional, ok fine, but most 1911s today aren't that. It's 2023 - put some good front strap checkering on these, fer chrissakes.

My 10mm Ronin didn't have front strap checkering either, which was about the only thing I didn't like about the pistol. I opted for one of these from Wilson Combat. I was a little dubious at first, but for the price I figured what the heck, I'll try it. Once it is properly mounted, it hasn't budged at all and works well.

Ronin 10mm Upgraded (1).jpeg

Have four 1911's. One is a Colt from 1918 that has been in the family for over 60 years. I got it for Christmas at the age of 11 or 12. All are .45 ACP, and I have several eight round magazines for them. At eight rounds, I am only short the one round from the nine rounds of this pistol. Sorry, I see no need for a 9mm in this gun. I have a Browning HP for 9mm with its 13 or 15 round magazines that I use for most CC. My state still allows me to use the magazines as I had them before it went to the "ten round" restriction. The other 9's are a 1915 Luger and 1943 P38.

These look to be nice pistols, but I am overloaded with handguns. Now, I am interested in the Waypoint, but a Springfield 12 gauge in cometition with say Benelli or such. Have an old Remington Model 11 that I worked over to create a "tactical" shotgun AND the M4, but if Springfield could get some Turkish company to put out an improved Remingon M11...

Have four 1911's. One is a Colt from 1918 that has been in the family for over 60 years. I got it for Christmas at the age of 11 or 12. All are .45 ACP, and I have several eight round magazines for them. At eight rounds, I am only short the one round from the nine rounds of this pistol. Sorry, I see no need for a 9mm in this gun. I have a Browning HP for 9mm with its 13 or 15 round magazines that I use for most CC. My state still allows me to use the magazines as I had them before it went to the "ten round" restriction. The other 9's are a 1915 Luger and 1943 P38.

These look to be nice pistols, but I am overloaded with handguns. Now, I am interested in the Waypoint, but a Springfield 12 gauge in cometition with say Benelli or such. Have an old Remington Model 11 that I worked over to create a "tactical" shotgun AND the M4, but if Springfield could get some Turkish company to put out an improved Remingon M11...
I would love to have my Remington model 31 pump back.

Back