testtest

Best Mag Loaders: Maglula vs. Magpump

This is my loader, sir :D

1697123917508.png

I can speak from experience when I say that the Caldwell mag loader is a waste of money. The Maglula pictured here is $113 at Midway (Ouch).

The better deal is at CammoBrothers.com for $25. I have one and it works like a champ. It loads 20 rounds at a time instead of 30 but at an $88 savings I can live with that. Lifetime warranty as well.

1697128995190.png

I can speak from experience when I say that the Caldwell mag loader is a waste of money. The Maglula pictured here is $113 at Midway (Ouch).

The better deal is at CammoBrothers.com for $25. I have one and it works like a champ. It loads 20 rounds at a time instead of 30 but at an $88 savings I can live with that. Lifetime warranty as well.

View attachment 45116
$25 sounds very reasonable indeed, especially if it works well

So I've been looking for some of these for my M1A, I came close with some Mauser 8mm but they didn't work quite right. It was doable, but not stable enough to be repeatable... Any idea where I could find stripper clips for M1A?

SARCO might have them, Southern Ohio Gun might have them, worst case you'll have to interwebz search on the gewger.....

I have Maglulas for the 15, 10, and 9mm ARs. But, I can load the 5.56 magazines faster with a stripper clip and guide.
I'll stick with the lula and ancient stripper clips, I know they work, and at their most expensive are 28 dollars.
I don't like most of the pistol loaders as they are not helping the loading motion, they just replace the motion entirely with their own pushing down on the follower. This is particularly bad for people learning, you want training wheels, not a couch on wheels to learn to ride a bike...

So I've been looking for some of these for my M1A, I came close with some Mauser 8mm but they didn't work quite right. It was doable, but not stable enough to be repeatable... Any idea where I could find stripper clips for M1A?
I was friends with a quartermaster who did local gun shows & had a surplus store 30 miles from me. We became good friends and I'd see him twice a week. He got multiple deliveries per week. He would get some of the coolest things you ever saw. He had a friend minding the store one Saturday so he could get setup at a gun show. I was in town about 10:30 am & was gonna stop by to see what was new at the store. My wife talked me outta stopping. So I drove past, saw a vehicle parked crooked but didn't think anything of it. We just got home and I got a call. 3 men armed stormed the store & shot the man in the head. They stole all the ammo, magazines ect. They were later caught but my friend never reopened the place. He felt responsible for gittin his friend killed. I helped him the next day, and it was a bad scene. My wife still reminds me if she wasn't with me that day I would'a walked right into that situation. This happened a long time ago and he's gone now and I still miss him. I guess this is the burden of growing old.

I use Maglula for my 9mm and 45ACP. Long guns I do by hand...but I don't have some of the guns you guys do... Workin' on it.
ditto here, my pistols i use speed loader
my AR10 magazines are the old fingers and thumb action ..but i am old and only use ten round mags. i have a 20 but i have only used it once

Good article, I have something similar and love the hell out of it. Probably have loaded over 5000 rounds with it. And just used it this morning to load 6 more mags before seeing this article.

I bought it 3 years ago and did a quick review of it... thou I'm not media guy, was just sharing...

"U-Loader from Podavach.Store Quick Review. Ordered this about 4 months ago, finally got it. (They say they have shipping issues due to the virus.) 69 Bucks... a little pricey but not if you use it as much as I do. I loaded 24 mags in under 10 minutes. Works as advertised. Nice, sturdy and strong. The only small issue I have is getting that very first round to seat properly before the slide. This one loads 5.56 and 7.62. Recommended if you load and shoot a lot."

Back