testtest

What Is Direct Impingement?

I can't tell you in numbers how many of these POS I have worked on over the years. I was a 2111 in the USMC. This article is ludicrous. The bolt and gas rings do not constitute a piston. It is like saying a man dressing like a woman is a woman. Both wrong.
Which POS are you referring to ? DI rifles or piston rifles ?

I could see where someone might stretch reality a little to call it ( the bolt) a piston, but it isn't. If there was a spring in there shoving it back maybe, but still not really. And for practical purposes and the general acceptance of what an AR is and isn't, there is a huge difference between a piston and a DI .

Well done and wish an article like this was around in the early days, before I started messing with em... But like any new subject it would have aided in one to grasp the concept beyond sticking some oil in the holes above the... ah... ringy thingies? I asked my sleek nitrated chrome-lined hunk of steel, what it identifies as. It said, "A non-binary power popping stroke of efficiency in a lateral plane of purpose, in both Worlds." It also pointed out there are many ways it can accessorize, to include transforming itself with a (real?) piston of its own...

Really thanks for the controversial viewpoint and a pleasure to read and ponder. Like which produces more lift, the air under the wing or lack thereof above the wing. Or is the .45 ACP the better cartridge (the Lord's).

What a tough crowd, and I lean toward it very well may be, kinda... :devilish:🇺🇸

Last edited:
I can't tell you in numbers how many of these POS I have worked on over the years. I was a 2111 in the USMC. This article is ludicrous. The bolt and gas rings do not constitute a piston. It is like saying a man dressing like a woman is a woman. Both wrong.
Shovelhead73, I owned one of those and often wonder where she is today... I ride a Victory now and less hair for the wind. But bought the FX, new while in High School and noticed the Daddy's locking up their daughters as I rumbled up the driveway. The long hair and Fu Manchu didn't help much either and good thing the rear windows were first floor...

Back