testtest

B-52 Stratofortress — The BUFF Strategic Bomber

Lived south of Loring AFB in late ‘70s to early ‘80s
B-52’s would go over low all the time to and from base.
West of us in interior of the state, we could see F-111’s and B-52’s running treetop training missions from the scattered mtn fire watch towers.
There were a ton of radar picket station towers out in the middle of the woods. State said they were Logging and State facilites .. uhh.. no 🙄

The article should have mentioned the current work to re-engine and modernize the B-52 to the "J" model.

BTW - More info on NASA's use of the B-52.

West of us in interior of the state, we could see F-111’s and B-52’s running treetop training missions from the scattered mtn fire watch towers.
There were a ton of radar picket station towers out in the middle of the woods. State said they were Logging and State facilites .. uhh.. no 🙄
my grand dad had a place on lake bistineau (sp) in Louisiana near barksdale AFB
this was back in late 70s and early 80s
we would watch these birds fly over the lake all the time. you could hear them forever , then bam they appeared just above the cypress trees
awesome time to be a kid

After Desert Storm the B 52’s lost the tail guns and out Gunners had to retrain. So that Tom the crew down to 5 crew and now they did away with one of the Navigators and combined them so it is or is soon to be a 4 person crew.

They have already pulled the Navigators off KC 135’s so they are 3 person crews

Waiting for the UAV heavy bomber it will be a thing I’m sure

Those F-111's were, in fact, FB-111A's. Either out of Pease NH or Plattsburgh NY (only FB bases). They were SAC aircraft and the reason they were FB's not F's is that the BUFF wouldn't be caught flying with a TAC junker.

D9ZRflmXkAAtpuj.png

OH ok, so you want nuclear WW III so everybody loses. No worries be happy. 🍺
No I don't want nuclear war, that is stupid. But when they attack, which they will, we will go to war. In fact the Iranians have been killing Americans by proxy for decades and they are emboldened by weakness. What keeps our enemies at bay today is our strategic military capabilities. The ultimate clash of cultures is inevitable at some point in the future. Nuclear weapons are an extreme response and kinetic response does not need to involve nukes. I hope we do not see the next World War it in our lifetime but fear our grandchildren will.

We have owed Iran a bloody nose since 1979 but we have shown weakness to our own detriment.

Russia invaded Ukraine
Didnt lead to WW3 or nukes.

Neither will Gaza.

But a conventional war to end Iran and or China’s BS is and will eventually be necessary.

I believe the recent US taking out some areas in Syria by Iran backed players will and was done to put Iran in check. It was our warning that they should stay outbid it and to quit throwing missiles at arw troops. I don’t recall our troops being attacked since so I’m sure Iran made some calls and are regrouping right now!

We shall see

Back