testtest

Effective Range — How Far Can You Push the SAINT Victor 9mm Carbine?

With a background of Colt SMG and HK MP5 usage and issue at most they were 100 yard guns at tops. Sure a shooter might get farther but much more than 100 say 125 the effectiveness is dropping. Even with a longer barrel than the 10” Colts we ran.

So while steel at range might be fun and make a ring…ehhh

You might read of a one however that’s why we pulled the 9mm SMG and just went with 5.56mm M4’s

There's a big difference between banging steel & having sufficient performance for reliable self-defense.

While I run hotter 9mm loads in my PCC (a different brand) for the latter, I still consider a 9mm PCC just a 50-75 yd. gun, & sight it in according, for use in my AOPs.

Beyond that its a 5.56 out to a distance I consider it to be effective for my AOPs.

With a background of Colt SMG and HK MP5 usage and issue at most they were 100 yard guns at tops. Sure a shooter might get farther but much more than 100 say 125 the effectiveness is dropping. Even with a longer barrel than the 10” Colts we ran.

So while steel at range might be fun and make a ring…ehhh

You might read of a one however that’s why we pulled the 9mm SMG and just went with 5.56mm M4’s
In 1985 I ordered 16 MP5's for the tactical teams. Two were suppressed with scopes for precision close up work. All those guns were dead nuts accurate at 100 yards, the suppressed guns more suited at 50. As a practical matter 50 yards was at the outside of where you usually expected to use them but knowong they were accurate at 100 was reassuring.

You push it too far and your defense of your action goes out the window.

And that doesn't matter for either the platform, or the caliber......

Now, that being said, training to hit a target at extended range is good for the shooters confidence, as said previously, your reaction to the situation has to be reasonable in the eyes of the jury you might face, and remember, that jury is the lowest common denominator.......

Back