testtest

Blue Dragons — Korean Marines in the Vietnam War

To be truthful I thought I knew a lot about the Vietnam War, but I had never heard of these guys until I talked to a guy I worked with. He was a few years older and had been in the Brown Water Navy in Vietnam. He told me they had ferried some of these Korean Marines around a number of times.

He said they were the most polite and nice yet scary troops he ever met. They dealt with the other side in a very ruthless manner.

To be truthful I thought I knew a lot about the Vietnam War, but I had never heard of these guys until I talked to a guy I worked with. He was a few years older and had been in the Brown Water Navy in Vietnam. He told me they had ferried some of these Korean Marines around a number of times.

He said they were the most polite and nice yet scary troops he ever met. They dealt with the other side in a very ruthless manner.

We went one day from 2nd CAG compound, next door so to speak, fam fired our 16s, Korean Marines base. Years later i was at Pendleton, staff NCO club, all ranks buffet. Rsn into a DI, showing a couple of ROK Marines around, feeding them. Always heard they took no prisoners. Not sure if true or not

ROK marines are some pretty rough customers. Would not want to run into them in the dark.

Reactions: BSD
The ROK Marines are a serious force, and were feared by the Viet Cong. I would say that their mindset and training are second to NONE.
Hell, they're more willing to fight than we are, and that's saying a LOT.

Back