testtest

.22 lr conversion

Just waiting on my Saint 5.56 to get the good old NJ treatment but I was wondering if there was a .22 conversion for it so I can actually shoot it at my pistol range. Been waiting forever for a .22 kit for my old school .45 XD but apparently advantage arms isnt pressed to make them.

I've been thinking of getting something like this at some point:

Note that the included magazines are 25 rounds, and may not be legal in some states. I don't know if they make or sell a 10 round version of the magazines. Regardless, other companies also make a similar product that will let you remove the bolt-carrier group and replace it with one that converts you from 5.56 to .22LR. This won't work with any caliber AR-15 setup other than .223/5.56.

I've been thinking of getting something like this at some point:

Note that the included magazines are 25 rounds, and may not be legal in some states. I don't know if they make or sell a 10 round version of the magazines. Regardless, other companies also make a similar product that will let you remove the bolt-carrier group and replace it with one that converts you from 5.56 to .22LR. This won't work with any caliber AR-15 setup other than .223/5.56.
Used to be about 18 months ago you could by a S&W M&P15-22 AR for $300. A $230 conversion wasnt worth it.

now a-days with prices a little higher, those conversion kits like the PSA are a little more palatable stake for a .22 AR

Used to be about 18 months ago you could by a S&W M&P15-22 AR for $300. A $230 conversion wasnt worth it.

now a-days with prices a little higher, those conversion kits like the PSA are a little more palatable stake for a .22 AR

Agreed. Surprisingly, my LGS has a S&W AR pistol in 22LR for sale at $449 right now. Other 22's like the Ruger 10/22 and Wrangler have come down since the height of the pandemic - the 10/22 is now $222, and the Wrangler $179 - the lowest I've ever seen it advertised. So maybe things are starting to improve.

Back