testtest

22lr colt

javbike

Professional

Pricy but really nice I want it

Pricy but really nice I want it
My shop has one, I looked at it twice and put it back, yes, pricey, but it’s real nice, still thinking on it 🤔🤔

My son bought one a couple months ago, and brought it over to show me. There was a lot to like about it, and some other things, not so much. Overall, I preferred my old .22 Diamondback.

So far he has not been able to shoot it at all. He took it out, but when he loaded it, he couldn't make the cylinder rotate. He tried several different ammos. He has a problem, either something very minor or something very serious. I told him to bring it back over and I could probably diagnose exactly what the problem is, and possibly fix it on the spot. So far he hasn't found the time to do this. Ah shucks oh well. We'll see what happens.

1713280611881.jpeg

Last edited:
My son bought one a couple months ago, and brought it over to show me. There was a lot to like about it, and some other things, not so much. Overall, I preferred my old .22 Diamondback.

So far he has not been able to shoot it at all. He took it out, but when he loaded it, he couldn't make the cylinder rotate. He tried several different ammos. He has a problem, either something very minor or something very serious. I told him to bring it back over and I could probably diagnose exactly what the problem is, and possibly fix it on the spot. So far he hasn't found the time to do this. Ah shucks oh well. We'll see what happens.

View attachment 56017
Can't beat the classic look of the Diamond Back. Before I bought the new Colt revolver in .22 cal I'd spend big bucks and find myself a classic Colt Match Target from the 60's or 70's.

Can't beat the classic look of the Diamond Back. Before I bought the new Colt revolver in .22 cal I'd spend big bucks and find myself a classic Colt Match Target from the 60's or 70's.
I don't have a Colt Match Target, but I do have the 4" version, the Trooper, in .22LR. It's a pre-Mark III and I believe it was made in 1968. I'm very grateful that I had the good sense to buy it when I did, back in the '90s or early 2000s.

Some of my favorite .22 handguns:

1713282399200.jpeg

I love my 22's - both lr and WMR. This is not a wheel gun, but it is a blast to shoot, esp. using .22lr 1640 FPS "Stangers." My .22lr wheel gun is a Heritage, which given the bargain price turned out to be a great investment.
1713283542635.png

I have a 1978 6" Diamondback in .22LR. Great gun. Feels good in the hand and shoots very well. But I have to admit that my S&W .22 revolvers are a bit more accurate. So I doubt I'll spend the money on a new Colt.

I have quite a fondness for the Colt "D" frame revolvers. ;)

Back